Are Terminators imbalanced?

Why are the T-800 and Rev-9 still in competitive play ? Both the previously mentioned are banned from professional tournaments. I think the terminators skins are imbalanced because: they’re deceptively thin, very dark and hard to see on some maps. Additionally, terminators don’t speak, which in my opinion gives them an advantage. E.g. a terminator will not speak when throwing grenades, jamming their gun, completing an active reload,etc.

Please share your thoughts and opinions.

23 Likes

Obviously

5 Likes

search button

This has been brought up and talked about already

5 Likes

And yet nothing happened. Huh. Really makes you wonder why ppl still wanna talk about it.

6 Likes

Nothing happened because seven posts with 3 replies are less impactful than 1 post with 120 replies.

TC rarely addresses a topic that doesn’t have 100+ replies and 1000+ views.

3 Likes

Bring back guardian to ranked!!!

There, another thread saved.

6 Likes

Where do you see views at now? I thought that feature, like the thumbs down, was gone.

Edit:

OP, agree. End the domination of terminators. The freedom fighters must rise against the machines.

1 Like

You don’t see them on the main page with all the threads?

1 Like

Ok. Haven’t been on PC in a while.

This is what you see on the mobile platform.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, but normally there’s about 10x as many views as there are replies, as a basic rule of thumb.

1 Like

I normally get sick of seeing the same topic over and over again too. However, this one is near and dear to me, I want it to be a new topic every hour, on the hour, until TC realizes that these skins SHOULD NOT be in ranked.

It’s bad enough that these dumb skins are in the game to begin with, add to it that they have a silhouette similar to a COG, have zero voice lines to indicate their actions, and are invisible on certain darker maps… There is very clearly a reason the Esports players complained to have him removed from competitions. I will endorse every single one of these threads until TC gets the message.

Sorry to those of you who play as him.

6 Likes

Terminator is obviously an advantage, but really all of the skinny characters have an advantage over the husky ones. It’s not just T-800/Rev-9.

2 Likes

Since the hitboxes stay the same for everyone I figured it would have been the opposite where characters like Raam end up being deceptively big.

I’m going to disagree. I don’t have issues fighting female characters and Mac . Nor do I feel disadvantaged when playing as RAAM, Warden, Speaker, Emile, etc. There is just something off about fighting the terminators. Even if the terminators have JD’s hit -box like all the other PvP characters; their design seems to give them an advantage.

1 Like

and the fact that they have exposed parts in their bodies which makes them like blend into the environment

1 Like

The ability to see and track the characters is more consequential than the hitbox. When Kait, Sarah Connor, Lahni, etc. are half the width of a Theron guard, they’re seeing the fat character come around the corner first and getting their shot off a split second earlier. Fat characters are also much easier to keep track of when they start bouncing around compared to the skinnies. There’s a reason the eSports rules limit the number of female characters to two per team.

This is something I too have been saying since GoW3, obviously nothing ever came to fruition. Just like I don’t see them doing anything here about these stupid ■■■ terminator skins.

2 Likes

Imagine using the Palace Guard.

1 Like

I keep saying this, but people just wanna have their own thread so we dont get our point across to TC.

@I_TRS_GEAR_I I hate them as well but having multiple threads doesnt help us

We need 1 thread for everyone to post in about the same issues if we want TC to acknowledge it.

2 Likes

Probally a good job the wardens are scaled down in vs i suppose. I understand folks gripe with these skins though, you can’t even see them on the FFA maps untill they pop out of cover and gib you sometimes. They should not be in a ranked match for sure, but then the people that payed up will kick up a stink. Truth is “why do we have these at launch whilst characters from gears lore are drip fed”…“seven months after release”!!!. Exploiting the hardcore fans thats why!..shame on you TC.