Gears Forums

Are all the DBs gone? (As a Military Force)

In the flashback scene we see Fahz with a DB, but other than that the only DBs we see are controlled by the Swarm and there’s no DBs around the other COG soldiers when the 2018 trailer dropped…so are we to assume the COG stopped robot construction to stop the Swarm from growing? Or are we just not seeing them for X reason?

Buster Out!

There are robots in Escape

1 Like

Won’t know anything until the game comes out

Spoiler alert: Just like in Ex Machina, the DBs all put on skin and are hiding in plain sight.

2 Likes

The Terminator connection? :joy:

Would also explain Fahz’s Robot Leg.

2 Likes

Well, reliance on technology being the downfall makes it pretty obvious. The humans can’t use DB because they get hacked and turned onto humans. See the rejects and stump, which were infected DB.

Think the name Yutani is a deliberate reference to Alien?

It’s Fahz Chutani in the game but I’m guessing the character arc will be similar to Burke’s in Aliens; He’ll sell everyone out at some point.

1 Like

My bad. I got the name from your pic.:rofl:

1 Like

Gone? Remember the mutated cyber-organic DBs in the early trailers?

1 Like

Well yeah, but I meant operational COG DBs as a military Force, since all we’ve seen so far are Stumps and Rejects.

Technically, one scene did show DBs which looked like they were armed with Enforcers, in the original trailer. Where we first saw the Claw LMG being fired at nothing instead of the leech on the ground. But those DBs got infected when the Flock came into contact with them.

1 Like

Oh true yeah.

Waka Waka Waka

1 Like

I’m happy that the only DBs we may get, are infected ones. I really hope they will appear as extra enemies when fighting the Swarm, not as their own faction like in Gears 4. It’s not that they are bad enemies, but when I play Gears, I want to fight monsters, not robots.

1 Like

They’ll be in the game. The question should be: will we still be fighting non-possessed deebee’s?

That’s the question I’m basically asking. Like if they’ll be in the game or they’ll all be taken over

1 Like

My guess is that we won’t be fighting non-possessed deebee’s any more. We’ll fight with them and during the fights deal with the issue of them, on the spot, being taken over by the Swarm.

I don´t think DB´s will be their own faction like they were in Gears 4. I think we´ll fight possessed DB´s only and probably in combination with the Swarm most of the time.