Arcade Mode Bug

Does this happen to anyone else when they play Arcade Mode?
I have not been able to play this mode in months because everytime the game starts, the scoreboard is stuck on my screen, which stops me from being able to move or anything.
This literally happens with every arcade match that I join.
The only time that this does not happen is when I join a match in progress, but that does not always fix the issue–only sometimes.

2 Likes

You mean that you spawn in but can’t move? A buddy of mine had that where he had to quit each time a new match would start since he was stuck in spawn.

1 Like

Yes, I am unable to move out of spawn, and the scoreboard stays stuck on my screen as well, which I am not sure if that has something to do with it too.
When the scoreboard stays, the top right corner of it usually continues to say “Waiting for other players”, or “Match starting in ‘n’ (usually 15) seconds”.

Don’t really have a solution for you. Are you playing on the SeX or PC?

1 Like

It’s ok; I usually just play it to complete various tour objectives. And I play on the Xbox One S. This issue is about a few months old for me now–I never had this issue around launch.

Weird. You could try and submit a ticket with a clip attached of the match starting and you getting stuck https://support.gearsofwar.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Doubt that they’re gonna fix this anytime soon though. I don’t think issues in Arcade are very high on their priority-list.

1 Like

Yea I probably will submit a ticket just to get the word out. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t the only one.

1 Like

I had this happen to me while playing on a Series X in Coop v AI. I clicked my right stick to bring up the in-game chat window and it fixed the issue.

1 Like

Interesting; I’ve tried a lot, but I am unsure if I have tried that one–I will give this a try tonight. Thanks!

I have this same problem as we speak. I have tried rebooting my game and xbox with the same results

1 Like

Yeah honestly this has been an ongoing issue for me for a while now, and no matter what it never fixes. This issue is very unfortunate because it stops me from ever playing arcade again.

If you guys have an USB-keyboard, plug it in and press “u” or “tab” when you get stuck and see if that helps.

1 Like

Thank you, I will definitely try this.

1 Like

This problem happens to me constantly & is getting worse on the Xbox One ! It’s ridiculous! In fact the game itself has gotten buggier than Texas in the summer!

1 Like

Gonna revive this thread real quick: I’m starting to get the same bug now ( which is great, the only PvP mode I enjoyed is now unplayable).

When bringing up the mini-map I can actually see one of the connection-issue-symbols on the bottom right. (Clip is currently uploading to showcase what I’m talking about ) But according to this post the one I’m getting is the one for “trouble connecting to the server”.

@TC_Kilo1062 Are you guys aware of this ? Is this even gonna get acknowledged / fixed considering that Arcade isn’t exactly the most popular mode?

The symbol can be seen around the 0:30 mark

1 Like

So this happened to me alot in Vs modes outside of ranked. Events and Arcade mode seem to the only modes it has happened in. Load in get the score board screen but never actually get to play to the game but my character is located in spawn anyway.

I don’t know why this happened but I found a way out of it. I got someone off the opposing team to kill me in spawn and then suddenly the timer restarted and I was able to spawn in. Not an ideal solution but it is a work around. At one stahe I was the last man standing and my team was giving out hell because I was just standing there but all I could see was the scoreboard.

Having said that this hasn’t happened in a while so I don’t know if this will work or not.

1 Like

True, getting killed forces an actual spawn but this isn’t exactly the perfect solution and sometimes takes over a minute.

1 Like

Its the only thing that can be done for now unless someone else finds another way out. I sent a ticket in when it got out of hand so it might be on TCs radar but with no response its too hard to tell lol.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for adding this post and video to the thread as this can definitely help address the issue a bit better. I play other modes too, but I always have a lot of fun on Arcade Mode, so it really is a bummer that this is an issue that is only becoming more common.
I honestly never thought to check for one of those symbols; next time that I get on Gears I am going to start a match of Arcade up and see if I get the same symbol–I am sure that I will.

By the way, the last time that you were here on this thread you mentioned this:

If I am not mistaken, it looked like you might have had a keyboard available to you. If so, did you happen to try pressing those keys?
I am sure that you would have said something if you did, but I just thought I’d ask.
I haven’t had anyone with a keyboard over lately so I have not had the chance to try this out myself.

1 Like

I did, but didn’t change anything. Although I noticed that I couldn’t bring up the game-chat.

You probably have to bring up the map up to see it.

1 Like