Anyone have access to the Gears 5 raw voice files?

I have some ideas for funny videos I could make, but I need the raw voice files of various Gears characters and I don’t have experience ripping sound files from a game. There are some videos on youtube, like this playlist here: ( Gears of War 5 - Lizzie Carmine Voice Lines - YouTube ) But nothing totally comprehensive for every character.

I was wondering if anyone on the forums either a) knows where to find all of the raw voice lines of various characters, or b) knows how to locate and pull them from the game itself. I have the PC version installed on my home PC, so I technically have access to all the files I need, but no idea how to actually rip them from the game.

Anyone able to help?

2 Likes

Can’t help you with that but I’m looking forward to seeing your vid :blush:

1 Like

I would just see about tracking down, hiring and recording all the original voice actors to do the lines again and skipping that downloading files business.

2 Likes

I have always wanted to meet John DiMaggio and Nan McNamara…

:thinking:

5 Likes

I’d volunteer Carolyn Seymour but it’s doubtful she could commit the time and sacrifice our dinner plans.

2 Likes

Dude! You know THE Dr. Chakwas?

I’m so jealous.

3 Likes

Oh yes. Also I only ever played Mass Effect 1, but was very delighted when I spoke to her :joy:.

2 Likes

You’ll be happy to know that she’s in all three games, so long as you don’t let her die in the second one. Like a monster.

2 Likes

Let her die?! Who would fail to serve their Queen in this way?!

(I know, I read up about her and watched YouTube clips :joy:)

Only if they were ignorant fools.

1 Like

I know a guy who runs this YT channel. He did multiple podcasts with several voice actors/ actresses including Carolyn Seymour ( Queen Myrrah) and Sarah Elmaleh ( Lizzie Carmine). I wonder if it’s possible to reach out to them and ask to record a few lines?..

1 Like

I love this interview. It never gets tiring listening to her.

Skip to 17:40. She is asked how much of Queen Myrrah’s personality was what she was asked to do versus her own impact. Her response is ”90% of it is Carolyn Seymour.” Glorious :heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks a ton. It’s not comprehensive, but between that and the Youtube videos I’ve already found, it might just be enough. Thank you!

1 Like