Anyone else prefer Gears 4 over 5?

Anyone else prefer the gameplay in Gears 4 over Gears 5?

Asking for a friend… :wink:

5 Likes

Nope. I like 5. Not perfect, but 4 can take its hyper wall bouncing and shove it.

Nope, I like 5 better. It has it’s issue, but has more variety.

2 Likes

No, 5 all the way for me. Not perfect but nothing is.

2 Likes

5 is way better

1 Like

I do prefer Gears 4 over Gears 5. Not enough to play it.

I prefer Gears 4 VS and Horde (very slightly on Horde). I prefer Escape and the Campaign in 5 over 4.

Not much in it though.

1 Like

Not really. I like horde better in 5 and I like escape. Just more things to do and better combos to pull off.

Ranked may not be where it should be in 5 but the overall PVP experience for me is just more fun in 5. I love ranked, but I’m a huge fan of FFA and can play it all day. Plus I’m weird and think Arcade is actually a fun mode to play when you are sick of sweaty matches.

Going through campaign now. It is light years better than 4. The prequel thing in 4 was awesome but then you fight Deebees for 10 hours and I hated it.

4 does have the benefit of having all the content over 3 years on it now available for loot boxes and creating with scrap. They did that months before the release of 5 and should have done a year earlier in my opinion.

4 defintetely its a superior game than 5, however if you want to play Gears of War " THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED" you should really try 3.

3 Likes

Gears of War 4 is light years better than Gears 5.

8 Likes

Yes I definitely prefer 4 over 5 and still play it till this day (Ranked is very active for KOTH /TDM), I really did wanna fall in love with Gears 5 but the multiplayer just didn’t hit home with me. Several factors for this, gnasher having 6 pellets, the active reload change that was implemented, the lancer being absurdly op at release, the breaker mace itself, knife lunge, the few character skins/maps available at release, the ranking system being broke, etc… I could probably go on but you get the point.

3 Likes

I prefer 4 ya. I don’t like this horde on 5 so I dont play it. So I play on 4 horde currently, waiting for next game to see if it changes that part.

3 Likes

Gameplay? No. Gears 5 is much better.

Certain features and the way things were before? (particularly Horde), yes.

1 Like

Of course… G4 gameplay is 10000% better than G5.

8 Likes

4 much better!!! but still had its flaws

3 Likes

I haven’t played 5 yet. I keep up with the forums and player opinions. I still play 4 almost daily and still enjoy PvP. If your friend hasn’t played gears much then I would say start with 5. If that person wants to check out 4 you can pick up a copy dirt cheap at your local game store. Course if they have game pass then check both out. I don’t think you will lose either way. :blush:

When it comes down to horde between the two games, Gears of War 4’s horde will always be better than 5’s in my opinion. The hero system ruined for me. For versus, it’s kind of a tie. I don’t mind playing either games’ versus modes.

Edit: Since Guardian is removed from ranked, I’d say Gears 4 is now better than 5. I had fun while it lasted playing that game mode with friends and is a good alternative when you’re not in the mood to sweat in koth.

3 Likes

Pvp on 3 was terrible.

2 Likes

4 has vastly superior Versus than 5 for sure, also the scrap mechanic is much smoother and more accessible.

Thing is Gears 5 has a better campaign, horde, new added escape mode and graphics.

At this time 4 over 5

1 Like

You’ve got that the wrong way round. Right now, I wouldn’t touch Gears 4.