Anyone else loves all the aspects of Gears 5

I am not a hardcore Gears player but i consider myself to be decent. I skipped Gears 2 and Gears 3, but not Judgment, I know right, Only memory of having tons of fun with gears multiplayer was original Gears. I have to say I am getting same kinda feeling with Gears 5 after playing it for 60plus hours so far. From really awesome campaign to horde which is brand new to me, to versus and escape. Hell, even arcade feels fresh. Seeing that there so many negative posts figure I’d share how I feel about my new favorite shooter. Cheers

3 Likes

You certainly are not a “hardcore” gears player if you skipped Gears 2 and 3.

5 Likes

I am a hardcore Gears player.

1 Like

No. :rofl:

Hark! You doubt my loyalty???

1 Like

Good thing this heaping pile of garbage was made for people like you relatively new to the series.
Thank god they dont give damn about their hardcore fanbase

I actually lik the changes , I just wish they didn’t nerf the enforcer , and I wish I could change guns while running. I love the strength of the lancer. You just ne d to be skilled in both,this people are ■■■■■■■■ bc they have to change their play style. They have to be mindful before they just rush someone bc they finally have a lancer worth a damn that can take you out before you get there. Lol it’s funny that’s really what there ■■■■■■■■ about , they just want everyone to have a shotgun and play rushing and stuff like come on get tactical

1 Like

:+1:

You can. You’d have to switch weapons while running, let go off running, weapon switch animation, then continue running.

Yes, he’s saying he doesn’t want that.

Funny all this negative talk about the game sucks for weeks now but you guys are on here everyday for what reason? I figured you would have moved on to a different game or something that you enjoy but no just stay here everyday talking negative.

1 Like

I enjoy mostly everything in terms of mechanics, and I played Gears 4 religiously. I like that there’s more consequence now for the people who could only ever Gnasher. It’s still the most used weapon, but I like that there’s more of a spread now.

I wish the new maps weren’t so camp heavy. I think there’s a good balance between something like Gridlock (Camp City) and something like Raven Down (Run without a single thought and Gnash). I think Canals is practically perfect. It’s a map that encourages movement, I never feel overly safe, but I also don’t feel like I’m just moving without strategy. I want more maps like that.

Not being able to search with a group of 4 of 5 is really unacceptable for a game like this… That’s my biggest issue personally right now.

But yea, when I’m in a match, I’m having a lot of fun overall.

I think they should’ve just kept GoW Ultimate Edition and improved that over the years instead of just abandoning it. Because no GoW is as truly GoW as the oringinal, so Ultimate Edition which was essentially just a remaster was a step in the right direction, and could have everything GoW5 has and more by now.

2 Likes

I have played every greats and I like gears 5
Yes I wish it had the grittier tone and colour of the 1st and yes gow3 was the best MP in the series for me (except that damn dawn off). But gears5 is something new and I’m enjoying the changes to horde and the new eacape mode. I hope they support it as much as they say they will because I didn’t want a carbon copy of any of the old games, I’ve played them, changes and new things are welcome

I played all the gears, even judgement -.-, and I’m going to say it. I hated the shotgun duels. It didn’t boil down to skill. When it came down to it the winner was the host. The wall bouncing and crap to get close enough to two piece was just ridiculous. I don’t like the OPness of the rifles in this gears but I didn’t like the OPness of the shotguns in every other gears. I prefer a game to have multiple ways to approach the objective instead of 1 particular method being too strong. When 90% of your player basis is doing the exact same thing with the exact same setup, you didn’t balance your game.

I mostly play horde now. I got tired of waiting for them to balance things in PvP. In PvE there’s less stress.

No one likes extreme aim assist and bullet magnetism. If someone’s wants casual they can go play CoD or fortnite.

I’ve played every Gears game since day one and poured hundreds of hours into each one. Gears 5 is a great game. Lots of great modes and tons of hours to be played. It’s not without its issues of course (like any Gears game), but I appreciate what they’ve done with this game and how they are trying to push this franchise forward. It’s about time Gears got a major shake up. Arcade mode is super fun for both vets and newcomers, and it’s a great way to get new players into Gears. Escape is great, and while the Hero system might not be everyone’s cup of tea, it’s a welcome change to Horde and will improve with time. Tour of Duty is also IMO one of the best new additions to Gears. I love working towards goals while playing online, especially across various modes. It gives an extra incentive while playing and a feeling of gratification. They just need to improve the rewards.

Some of the complaints I’ve seen are pretty hilarious. People saying flashbangs are ruining the game. Umm you must not remember the ridiculous smoke nades from Gears 2. Laughable, but we all played through it. Lag? Lol. Gears 1 , 2, and 3 all suffered from lag. Gears 4 and 5 even with their issues have handled it the best. Game feels casual? Umm did you all forget about Gears 3 and Gears Judgement? OP Retro Lancers and Sawed Offs for starter weapons? LOL. Gears 5 doesn’t even let you use the Hammerburst! Just shows how ridiculous and inconsistent this community can be.

Anyway, Gears 5 isn’t perfect, but they have time to improve it, and TC is listening. It hasn’t even been a month yet and we get our first major title update today.

2 Likes

I remember those old smoke grenades and the sawed off shotys. The boom shields and the glitch that let you equip a shotgun with a shield. I miss the hammerburst from gears 2. Fired as fast as you pulled the trigger and had iron sights. I miss the hammer of dawn on the roof tops map from gears 1 too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like