Any reason I can't download Gears 5 on PC

When I go to the Microsoft Store, it doesn’t say the game is out. It just shows the pre-order, and when I end up finding the ACTUAL game and try to download it, it gives me an error message. I see countless of other people downloading the game, but I can’t. I’m really confused by this. How do I fix this?

1 Like

I am unable to download on pc as well. i purchased the pre order and i keep getting an error. plenty of space on drive running as admin etc… have tried several times with no luck.

Yea, it sucks. Let me know if you find a fix.

I had the same problem , go to the place where it’s says install on the store and next to it is a icon click that and it says manage game , click on that then delete all the data for gears 5 then go back to the store where it says install and it should work

I don’t see Gears 5 anywhere under “Manage”.

Have you got the 100mb download for the pre order ? Plus you just need to find the manage section for gears 5 then delete it all the it will install again

No. There’s nothing for me for the pre download at all.
No clue how to get anything for Gears 5 to download on my PC.
I checked the “Manage” section, and there’s nothing for Gears 5.

Ah right I can only suggest having a webchat with Microsoft to help you out , is it the ultimate edition you pre order by any chance ? Or just the standard, as the standard version doesn’t come out until the 10th

I’m using the Game Pass subscription currently for the Ultimate Edition.

I had this problem with Gears 4 at launch (fortunately Gears 5 worked fine for me).

Microsoft Support were not helpful at all, I was transferred 3 times and had to explain from the beginning each time to a new person what my issue was. I don’t think it was resolved in the early access period and I had to wait until the official launch.

I feel for you and wish you all the best in getting it up and running.

Make sure your computer is running Windows 1903. If it isn’t you’ll need to update before you can download. My PC didn’t let me download 1903 from the control panel. I had to manually download using the Update Assistant Tool. Link for steps:

Thanks for the link, but I’m already on 1903. Sadly, I think I’ll just need to wait until the 10th.

My buddy had the same issue, reset your windows store cache, the command is wsreset

Just tried that, and it doesn’t work. I was thinking of doing that, but sadly, it still doesn’t work. Any other ideas?
Keep in mind that I’m using the Game Pass version of the game. So I have no idea if I HAVE to wait until the 10th.

I also heard using the xbox app works too but im on console personally…

I don’t know how the console app would work. I’ve tried it already. It seems like nothing is going to work.

EDIT: Here’s what’s happening to me.