Any official word on selecting servers

Hey everyone, I was just curious if there has been any official word on selecting the server you want to play on. My issue is this and it seems as I’m not alone. On the options when I scroll down to matchmaking my top 2 and sometimes 3 servers are less that 80ms. However the next 3 or 4 are between 120 - 180ms. Any time a match loads my ping is in the 120 - 180ms range which leads me to believe that I am on between the 4th best and 8th best server for where I am located. I understand there is a want/need to have matches made quick however I for one would wait an extra minute or two in order to be able to play a whole match with under 80ms ping. Maybe there can be a preference we select to prioritize connection or fastest available match. Thanks for your time.

5 Likes

I would agree 100% with you.

1 Like

It’s a pain in the ■■■ to play with 150ms in a server you DID NOT CHOOSE while there is a server with 50ms.
TC, have you tried to play RANKED with that ping? do you think is fun to lose 1000 score in ranked because of that? Now every time I get that ping I just leave and make everyone else to waste time, including me. I’m not the only one that does this and needs a fix.
Just give us the option to choose the server in SOCIAL AND RANKED.
It’s the first requirement in any multiplayer game, did you know that? , you cant be so noobs programming games.

1 Like

My closest server is US West (30ms), yet only about 10% of my games are played on that server, sadly. Usually connects me with Central or East which results in 65ms and 90ms, respectively.

I personally play my best on 30ms so it’d be nice to be able to ensure I get games there but oh well.

1 Like

This also ties into being able to play consistently. What I mean is when your ping is over 100 when everyone else is under 50 it’s basically a blind guess if you get into a gnasher battle. I have been on both sides where i get kills i shouldnt have and also get killed in what seems like out of nowhere. With ping that high even lancer support from a distance is inconsistent sometimes loosing half a mag before first hit marker appears on a stationary opponent. I just want some consistancy or at least an option to make connection my #1 preference.

1 Like