Gears Forums

Any issues with RTX 2070?

versus

(AliceInChainsaw) #1

I recently *decided to upgrade my system.

Wondering if anyone has any issues with the RTX 2070 cards. I currently have a 1060 so it should be a decent upgrade in that regard and I only really use 1080p at this time so 2080 seemed a bit much and 2080ti…well, that’d be like buying a Ferrari for the commute when I work from home…

Also tossed in a new cpu, moving from i5 6600k (not oc) to an i7 8700. Then the tiny, cheaper, odds and ends of course…

Anywho, just curious what RTX user experience is so far? (It’d be sweet to whittle myself down to 1 copy of windows with fully updated graphics drivers…)

*decided:
drank a lot and then later I was browsing amazon while poopin.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #2

I’ve not seen one so far. Only people who had an unrelated issue.
2070s look good as long as you’re getting the lower end models. The higher end one are almost the price of a 2080.
TBH, these new GPUs barely benefit from an OC so the lower end ones are totally fine unless you’re concerned about fan noise.

I ordered a 2070 for $550 and returned it when I realized 2080’s aren’t much more (700 to 750). Since you have a cpu that will be relevant for a good long while, might consider a GPU that will do the same. Watch Newegg daily as they’ve had some great gpu deals lately. Far better than Amazon.

(GhostofDelta2) #3

I got a 2080ti and have had no issues with Gears on that card.

(III EnVii III) #4

Same.

Factory OC Ti and not even a hint of an issue :+1:

(AliceInChainsaw) #5

Sweet. Hopefully it was just a Pascal issue only.

(GhostofDelta2) #6

Thanks for giving us a chance to voice how good our cards are mate :stuck_out_tongue:

(Me0wMix CatFood) #7

Don’t know if you’re still looking but I saw this pop up as the daily deal and thought of you;
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814932085&cm_sp=Homepage_Dailydeal--P2_14-932-085--02122019

2080 for $670 (after rebate), free ship, no tax, and comes with free BF5 and Anthem.

(AliceInChainsaw) #8

Well shucks.

I already got my 2070 lol. (570 with free anthem/bf5)

Thanks tho!

This is the reason I don’t look at any parts after I buy up all the new upgrades… Always bound to have missed a deal.

(AliceInChainsaw) #9

Wanted to report back my findings:

i7 8700 with RTX 2070 can play on max settings at solid 144fps… and no crashing experienced at all so far. Gsync also seems to work… or at least is having no adverse issues. (Played only about 2 hours total this week)

Game load times are also much faster (even with having been on SSD this whole time)

This was moving from an i5 6600 and gtx 1060.

(III EnVii III) #10

Great to know it’s going well!!

I won’t be complete until this is out though :sob:

Then I can get a solid 200FPS of UltraWide goodness :raised_hands:

(AliceInChainsaw) #11

I think the RTX can push this game to that level. My monitor is only a 144 1080p though. :smiley:

(III EnVii III) #12

Overclocked RTX Ti can definitely do it :raised_hands: