Another one bites the dust

5 Likes

Is this someone different from the other day or is this the same guy?

well was the other guy named garrett metcalf?

1 Like

Who was he!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I dunno thats why Im asking.

Same guy.

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Can somebody please give a list of all the maps (or accomplishments) this dude has made? We as players don’t know the dude personally but we definitely know his maps lol.

2 Likes

Foundation
Harbour
Pahanu

(Off the top of my head)

So… Pahanu was so bad it ended his career with TC? :joy:

Edit: Definitely seems he was sick of making Gears maps

9 Likes

Or he will make another Pahanu for another game! :grin:

3 Likes

Halo Infinite :thinking:

1 Like

I wish he would have left before he created Pahanu…

7 Likes

we all do :cry:

maps is like a form of art mayne, sometimes its a hit sometimes its a miss. This miss was more like a gamethrowing fumble in the Superbowl…

Its pretty sad too, like I watched him talk about how he made Foundation, he even referenced a post made by Jim Brown (you can find it here) that went over how Gears maps should be made… So I’m assuming he was trying subvert expectations? :confused:

The guy was probably just fed up with making Gears maps, the limitations and such, that sort of thing. Kinda wish he had quit before his passion soured but regardless.

2 Likes

District too.

2 Likes

Must have hated his manager.

Creating a beautiful map like Foundation then leaving us with Pahanu.

4 Likes

Megan…

1 Like

Appreciate what he’s done for Gears.

But out with the old and in with the new. So far it has been working really well.

1 Like

Funny how the notoriously stubborn Rod and Ryan leave and Gears5 starts going through an unprecedented renaissance. Or seems to be at least.

Dear TC, keep Cliff Bleszinski as far from the studio as possible.

3 Likes

I honestly think pahanu> most gears maps. However pahanu is more aimed towards horde I find, it’s okay for gridiron too but any king of the hill square glasses players will probably not want to see that map in their life and just keep voting gridlock which is fine I guess :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like