Annoying players hacking and making pings spike to win

I have annoying players target me and make my ping spike so i cant kill them because they get wrecked everytime they match up againts me. please detect these cheaters and ip ban them…

Please explain how someone is making your ping spike.

I think what you may be experiencing is how the game responds poorly in terms of connections and often causes micro lag when players are in close quarters combat. It’s not the other players, but the way the game is programed to react to the various delays in connection. It’s very frustrating but it’s the developer’s fault, not the players.

3 Likes

naw man its the same people i lag with everytime, and theyre high ranks so they dont wanna loose ranks, i dont know how but some how theyre finding my ip and send me lags

IDK who gave you this crazy idea but it’s a fallacy.
Blaming other players and letting the devs off the hook will only let the situation get worse.

8 Likes

I believe you.

6 Likes

Exactly, plus maybe the original poster has a poor connection if he is constantly experiencing ping spikes. Its always other players in my matches that spike and become invincible, not me spiking.

3 Likes

Not sure what’s happened to the OP but its extremely easy to boot up wire shark and get the public IP address of everyone you are playing with.

Its equally as easy to flood that ip address with icmp packets.

3 Likes

It’s easier to say than knowing how to.

1 Like

wireshark public ip xbox live and then icmp flood as google query terms and anyone with the reading comprehension skills above the 5th grade level could come to a basic solution in less than 20 minutes.

2 Likes

You’re probably just playing on their servers when you play against them? Maybe they’re from another continent.

1 Like

there should be a way to report these cheaters man , if theyre cheaters chances are theyre gonna do it more than one time, therefore having the ability to constantly report them will eventually get them ip banned. because im sure im not the only one theyre doing this too. Theres two ways they do this, they spike their own ping in situations thats beneficial too them and since they know when theyre spiking their ping they have an advantage. another way they also do it is hack the good player on the other team and send him ping spikes so hes rendered useless.

an example was the enemy ping was fine during the match but suddenly his ping kept spiking when i got close to him causing him to get me ridiculously such as me moving away from his gnasher but his shots still registering after i was far away due to his ping spiking. even times when i was waaaay behind cover already…

the example of the other situation would be the mvp going off carrying their team but suddenly his ping spikes and hes rendered useless and has to camp at spawn causing them to win

evil moo, thanks for explaining how its done, hopefully it can be blocked somehow.

Well this is interesting. My questions are just how do you know this happening and not the game screwing you over. How do you prove someone is actually manipulating pings and its just not bad internet. What are the signs of someone engaging in this in a game that is well known for laggy and sponge players. Not saying what you posted can’t be done just asking how to recognize and report.

2 Likes

when i never lag going off against other players but i instantly start to lag when i get to certain players and im getting a ridiculous kd ratio like 17-3. and then when we get matched up again againts that same person i instantly lag again from the beginning because they know if im not lagging ill be going off again and getting a ridiculous kd ratio. but the sad part is i cant pin point who it is in that team thats doing it because theres 5 of the same people. this also makes me resort to playing on a smurf account and prevents me from playing to my full potential because i have to play just good enough to win but not so good that it makes them wanna cheat against me…

1 Like

There’s no proof so you can’t falsely accuse innocent players that may have got nothing to do with it.
Who would even bother taking the game too seriously to do those stuff?
I thought people who have knowledge on how to do it or aware that it works, may be the ones who could also do it themselves too against other players.
Person A knows how to do it and aware of its existence.
Does this mean person A may also use this feature? Seems so, it’s all fishy.
I’d blame it on the game first thing, people’s connection.
Even your own could possibly spike from time to time, nobody has perfect connection.

1 Like

yea but person a is not a cheater but person b is

Or there’s no cheaters.
Person A could be paranoid.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to agree with @Ektope here.

1 Like

As am I. There is nothing at all to suggest that someone is cheating and from the converation thus far it seems impossible to prove someone is actually doing what the OP is claiming or even if said players are doing anything at all.

2 Likes

lol i can show you guys how its done easily , we had some other guys explain how its done, that doesnt mean im gonna use it though… but oh yea try getting to the higher ranks and actually be so good at the game that its easy for you to win, then youll see the jealous cheaters real quick, it hurts their ego when they get demolished, they resort to it real quick, i dont wanna have to expose people yet but i will if i have to

I was a Diamond 3 last season in KotH and would likely be again if I played more than a handful of matches so I am very familiar with the players in the higher skilled tiers. The only thing that happens in these tiers is high pings ruining the integrity of every match but they’re not actually going out of their way to cheat you as you put it.

1 Like