Anchor, what kind of build to run?

Hey, guys. I know this can come off as fairly obvious picks, but. I’m asking for a friend. (Actually myself.)

What kind of perk cards should I run on my Anchor? Here’s my current build for both Modes:

Horde Mode:
Barrier Battery
Barrier Boost
Lethal Barrier
Crazy Tough
Bloody Shot

Escape Mode:
Barrier Battery
Barrier Boost
Lethal Barrier
Crazy Tough
Boltok Bandolier

I would consider trading the health card for the bonus damage per headshot kill one for horde. On higher difficulties the health bonus is not that noticeable. As long as you’re doing decent damage you should be getting your ult back pretty regularly to help with survivability.

1 Like

In Horde :
Barrier Feedback
Barrier Battery(extra duration)
Bloody Shot
Bullet Chain(except for the bigger or harder maps where I prefer to run Barrier Boost)
Harness Energy(stim for the whole team when your barrier gets shot)

In Escape, it’s not always straightforward but generally, I go with these three cards as the base :
Bloody Shot
Boltok Bandolier
Adrenaline Junkie

The last two spots are variable based on the hive I’m playing.

The one exception where I don’t follow my “regular” setup is Lethal Engagements as bleed is useless there for Anchor and you don’t need extra Boltok ammo :
Bullet Chain
Barrier Battery
Barrier Feedback
Harness Energy or Barrier Boost(depends on what you think benefits your teammates more)
Adrenaline Junkie
(Also alternatively for this build, you can potentially replace the barrier cards to make yourself harder to kill by enemies and particularly the Hunters and Snipers with Crazy Tough, the precision damage resist and Venom Resistance.)

Really don’t think you need extra health cards, especially not in Horde. You’ll have your barrier quite often, and since enemies do lower damage in Escape it’s also easier to not die to them in that mode.

I find Anchor quite versatile for Escape, so my builds vary. My builds are:

HORDE:

Bloody Shot
Barrier Duration
Barrier Boost
Bulley Chain
Harness Energy

My Horde build is pretty constant and I rarely change it around.

ESCAPE:

Bloody Shot
Venom Resistance
Adrenaline Junkie
Boltok Bandolier

Those are my mandatory cards. My last one varies much more. I find that Barrier Duration is sometimes a bit overkill as the enemy encounters in Escape are generally shorter so the duration isn’t always needed. I sometimes take Venom Recharge instead so I can use my barrier ultimate more often (rather than for longer).

Also this thread from a few months ago has alot of Anchor discussion too.

One picture’a worth a thousand words or in this case a real gameplay, is better yourself see how it works. I use bullet chain, barrier feedback, harness energy, lethal barrier and bloody shot.

Lethal Barrier is an interesting choice. I know you like to play with no fortifications, so I can make sense of that.

To answer the OP, there’s six cards most Anchors would want to run in Horde:
Bloody Shot
Barrier Duration
Barrier Feedback
Barrier Boost
Harness Energy
Bullet Chain

It’s super tough picking between them, not going to lie.

For Escape, it depends if you’ll be in the Venom or not. I’ll bring his 2 venom cards with Crazy Tough if so, especially with a Blademaster on the team.

MacSexy… He is the best build ofAnchor! :smirk:
sebastien-camrrubi-sebastien-camrrubi-gears5-macdesert

Horde you should be running Barrier Feedback, Barrier Battery, Harness Energy, Bullet Chain, and Bloody Shot. The only exception to that is if there’s a modifier for bleed not working / reflective damage like today, then replace that with whatever you like - Lethal Barrier, Barrier Boost, or Crazy Tough.

If you’re not using Barrier Feedback clearly you’re doing it wrong. Most days, same applies with Bloody Shot. Bottom line if you’re a good Anchor and aren’t MVP most waves you’re clearly doing something wrong lol. If Demo / Pilot / Gunner beats you on boss waves of course, makes sense. If you’re struggling to finish 2nd? Yeah…

Disagree. I don’t use Barrier Feedback and get by absolutely fine. If anything I’d argue that Barrier Battery and Barrier Feedback are different sides of the same coin and only one or the other is needed - not both.

Barrier Battery is probably suited to Frenzy as the waves, especially early ones feature more enemies consistently. With 1-50 games there’s more variation in enemy numbers so Feedback may be better as it extends based on kills, so the duration is theoretically dependent on enemy numbers so is proportionate.

I prefer Barrier Boost as it’s better for protecting team mates and also prevents situations where a Boomer may miss you, but the Boom flies past you and hits a wall or something and the AOE splash downs you. Having a bigger barrier means it can soak up these wayward shots.

For Escape
Bloody Shot
Boltok Bandolier
Adrenaline Junkie
Harness Energy
Bullet Chain

For Horde (I only play Frenzy)
Barrier Boost
Bloody Shot
Barrier Battery
Harness Energy
Bullet Chain

Escape:

Bloody shot
Adrenaline Junkie
Harness Energy
Venom Resistance
Crazy Tough

In my opinion, if you need boltock bandolier, you are missing too many shots…

Horde:

Bloody shot
Crazy Tough
Harness Energy
Barrier Duration
Bullet Chain