Am I the only one that finds the poison puddle mutator annoying?

Sure there are other modifiers that are annoying in their own right like reflective shell downing people that bleed them before the shield even went up but in all honesty I find the toxic puddles after killing drones and flushers extremely annoying mainly because I think the duration lasts waaaay too long that it feels like now we are being punished for killing enemies in horde.

Anyone else besides me find the poison :skull_and_crossbones: puddles duration annoying?

2 Likes

Idk, I very much prefer poison puddles over reflective shell anything or Ultra Recharge sth.

Creates an interesting dynamic in the match with area-denial all over the place. Oh, and Close Range Gambit will never not be one of the best mutators.

1 Like

Poison Puddles blow if you’re trying to play Baird. You’d have to be offing swarm/locust faster than regular DPS class to keep barriers alive. I haven’t tried Del with health build yet but I just find it personally annoying on Engineer, any other class is whatever.

Reflect, Ultra Recharge, Stim
all far worse universally imo.

It’s mainly the duration that annoys me not the puddles downing me or destroying barriers etc.

The size of puddles is also pretty huge, you’d think the puddle size would be relative to the size of the thing you just killed.

3 Likes

I played as architect today
So much repairing :man_facepalming:
I had to perk health to10

1 Like

nah
leech go splat

I might try Del later tonight and perk health

The health and armor card for Mechanic, plus fortification health perk at 10 makes barriers practically immune to puddles fyi.

I don’t play as mechanic though in fact I usually don’t play as any engineer class unless I absolutely have to or someone needs an engineer.

I was architect
All I bought was fences and decoys
But I’m reading a bunch of lvl 1 decoys are better than 1 lvl 4

Dont mind the player damage aspect of it but i hate that it damages fortifications. Stupid leeches puddling taps

3 Likes

Yeah I’m probably just going to skip this one. I’ve already completed it but poison puddles just ain’t fun with engi.

It’s also going to take until the next ice age to repair one of those things if it gets trampled by a Matriarch or Swarmak or a Warden/Carrier does that ■■■■■■■■ ground wave nonsense that only staggers players but somehow completely obliterates any fortification made out of solid metal.

Yes, this has bothered me for some time… since Gears 4, in fact, where it was even more of a piss take because forts just dropped some power on the ground when destroyed and item level was based off of fabricator level so if you were above level 2, and you lost one of your level 2 barriers, it was gone completely(which had me often build backups far back into the base in a usually safe spot, but that didn’t stop some random donkey Swarmak missile aimed at absolutely nothing to manage to hit one of the stacks I spread around for such nonsense eventualities, if I didn’t have 5 walls to put inbetween them and the enemy so they remained untouched until they were needed).

1 Like

I will either just do the daily on advanced with my low level CM or just skip it. Playing as a mechanic with the posion mutator isn’t a fun experience. I still think it needs to be nerfed in someway and I like the idea of the puddle being the size of the unit so juvies and leeches will have a small puddle. I would also turn the duration down.

I am about halfway to level 20 on mechanic so I will no longer have to deal with building for at least 1 class then back to it with RE. Hopefully I enjoy the more offensive building class.

Get this bugged thing outta here until its fixed.

• Level 1 barriers on master melt in seconds while lvl 2 ones barely take any damage.
  • Some pools dont render or their visual duration runs out without the damage effect doing the same resulting in players taking invisible damage and sometimes even getting downed by it

no point in trying to consistently do melee damage with that pool radius and damage output

2 Likes

The only modification I dislike is the freeze shot from shotgun enemies / rifle enemies.

Sniper freeze is OK but the other freeze enemies will kill u in an instant. Even a shotgun from the other side of the map. 1 shot = completly freeze.

2 Likes

TC Michael mentioned this would be toned down in the next major patch, so hopefully its a decent reduction

4 Likes

Mechanic with resistance over 50% fortification hp is great.
Level 1 barriers for all!

I hate the Long Range Gambit, because people still insist on playing classes that suck at range and leave when they’re doing bugger all damage.
Aaand I’m glad freezing is getting a tone down.

Sure there are other modifiers that are annoying in their own right like reflective shell downing people that bleed them before the shield even went up…

Interesting you mention this as something odd happened on the previous day’s daily on Tomb. I was playing as engineer and later on in the game I kept getting downed even though I was behind a wall in cover. I was thinking, what is putting me down I’m behind a wall! So I started looking at what was putting me down and one I noticed was an Ice Scion on the other side of the map! Since when do Ice Scion’s down you? Don’t they generally turn you into ice and either they or something else kills you? They don’t down you! So the only conclusion I can come up with was that the shock sentries were reflecting off their reflective shields and downing me behind a wall! Anyone else experience that or have any explanation?

I find the toxic puddles after killing drones and flushers extremely annoying mainly because I think the duration lasts waaaay too long

Yes, toxic puddles are annoying but it’s a minor annoyance and just another problem the engineer needs to solve. The duration is too long and with no sign of anything on the ground you shouldn’t be taking damage!

The health and armor card for Mechanic, plus fortification health perk at 10 makes barriers practically immune to puddles fyi.

Good luck repairing that lot if a Matriarch tramples on it all! :rofl: