Alot of lag/rubberbanding lately

This has been happening to me alot lately. Where i go around a corner, start roadie running and then all of a sudden i am back around the corner i just came around. I.think rubberbanding is the right word to use. This never used to happen to me. It seems like it correlates to high ping players (200-300ping) in the lobby. I will have to pay closer attention the next time it happens. Wouldn’t be so bad but it really throws you off and gets you killed if somebody is there when it happens. It’s definitely not my connection before anybody says that. I use a fiber optics wired connection. Anybody else been having this issue lately?

2 Likes

It’s happened to me a couple times when the high ping players are on my team.

2 Likes

Happens when ping fluctuate.

2 Likes

Have you guys been noticing this just recently or has it been happening for awhile? I never had this problem until last week.

1 Like

It’s been happening for a while but has become more of a consistent occurrence as higher pings have been destroying lobbies recently. Like you I also have a Fiber connection and become annoyed when this happens.

1 Like

Literally last few days, it’s gone really bad.

Like, I think I’m going crazy because I’m point blanking and nothing …

2 Likes

You guys are all wrong. Those guys with the 120ms + ping are just really good. Been that way for a while now. Yes, it gradually gets worse.

The servers do it sometimes. Other times, it’s a player (or 6) in the lobby.
I don’t get it just because someone’s ping is over 100, but I do get it often when their ping is fluctuating and I almost always get a lag spike when a player is kicked/qits. In fact, I usually know when this happens because of the big spike, then I look in the lower left and see the “has left the game” message.

For me, the biggest problem is when their ping is moving. I can’t move well around them because my controls don’t respond right, the server keeps teleporting them around in front of me so it’s incredibly hard to aim, and when I do hit them it often doesn’t read. I don’t mind playing with high ping people so long as the connections are stable, but sadly they often aren’t and the way the game compensates for it hurts the people with stable connections as well.

2 Likes

I go from 35ms to 200ms randomly quite a few times and im hard wired. Just started 2 days ago for me

1 Like

Same here, hard-wired as well but I tend to hover around 80+ when I’m not lucky enough to connect to a lobby where I can be in the 30ish range.

Honestly, I just chalk it up to there being far less players for the game to find and it matching people up that are further away.

1 Like

Where i live the interenet is blazing fast. I live in Pgh, so the east coast data ctr my ping is a steady 5. It will hardly change at all. If someone joins with a high ping it might jump to the 20’s for a couple seconds and then stabalize right back to 5 or 6. My upload and download speeds are insane 500-600 mbps. I really don’t understand why i would ever lag. Even to Europe my ping is in the 90’s. I really think there is just something wrong with the game right now. Like i said in my op, i never experienced any of this until late last week. I’ve also been experiencing the shooting somebody point blank and it not registering at all. It’s really a bummer. I absolutely love this series and don’t want to be forced to quit playing because of this.

2 Likes

had the same over the last week. rubber banding and out of sync moments. hard wired, fibre internet. I’ve rubberbanded with a ping of 8 the other night. i figured it was just a players ping jumping really bad, but sometimes it happed in really suspect moments and started to think it was some kind of lag switching. if thats even possible these days.
ive noticed tho sometimes a better experience with all players around 100ping instead of me at 8 another at 40 then another at 150 etc… sometimes it all just feels completely out of sync.

2 Likes

That’s really funny that you say that about lagswitching. I don’t know if you played gears 2 or not, but when somebody would lag switch everybody’s character would just start running into walls. This made me remember, when all of this started for me last week i had that same exact thing happen to me on old town. I even recorded a clip of it. I’ll have to try to figure out how to post it here. I will try to post it after work if i can figure it out.

Ok this is what happened the other day. It was extremely weird never seen it happen before.

gears 2 i was such a noob i didnt know what lag was . used to happen in gears 3 though, when well they took the dedicated servers away. in the video though u can see both players at the hundred ping go up 50 in between scoreboard checks, wonder if thats enough to make the servers angry? from what ive started to notice is the unstable pings ruin matches more than high pings.
i just always thought that lag switching/cheating wasnt possible anymore. but also seen a ping of 300 jump to 900 and the player stays in the game. i dunno.