All Skins and Characters, GONE!

So I had this glitch where it wouldn’t let me vote on maps during the map selection phase, on top of not being able to choose my character. I would pick my character, but I would show up in game as a random one. So I hard reset a few times, nothing. So I decide, hey maybe if I uninstall the game it would fix everything. I reinstall GOW4 and come back to find all of my bounties, characters and skins are GONE! This includes everything from the Season Pass I paid for on top of every Black Steel skin and character I paid for. My level/prestige remain, but everything else is non-existent. I called Xbox and they told me to get in contact with the developer (Coalition). I’m at a loss for words and don’t know what to do. I would love to have everything back, but if not, I want a refund. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Good luck with a refund.

Over 100GB… You really love this game, no?

1 Like

That’s what I figured…

Hey man. I know it really sucks. And I can’t imagine feeling like all that money went down the drain. But the reality is that Gears 4 will be dead in just a few months regardless

100GB is not much for my 400Mb connection :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I get what you are saying but that’s not the point! That content should be for the life of the game whether or not I buy Gears of War 5. I can’t let these schmucks flat out steal money from me in these black steel packs and the exclusive season pass content (which they made most of it available through scrap anyways…) If I can’t get the content back I want my money back.

1 Like

Oh no I completely agree with you. If you can’t get the content back, you are certainly owed a refund. I was just trying to find the bright side lol :joy:

Only 400?

Meh.

1 Like

Exactly, only 400 Mb :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Too bad it doesn’t prevent you vs players from all those issues people cry over and over in this forum

Unless I get into my EU West lobby @ 5ms ping.

Which is about 85% of times.

But true, the other 15% time it’s horrible.

Interesting.

I should have added this comments refers to play times between 11pm to 2am - sometimes this is the only time I can play and has been my play time recently because of work.

However, when I can get a chance to get on between 5-10pm, I generally can 85% of the time get a EU Game, especially when searching knowing other EU PC stacks are on.

At 1pm to 4pm, I’m pretty much not going to find a match on any server and I never be on before this time.

Plus that’s exclusive to PC. On Xbox obviously it’s no issue.

:+1::+1::+1:

I am Jack’s complete lack of astonishment that vaporware you gambled good money on has suddenly vanished. Best of luck to you in your refund endeavor though.

If TC/M$ treated their gambling packs like traditional DLC you would be able to easily recover that with a “download again” option on your account but instead, here we are.

1 Like

The fun option is to re-but those packs again and hope you get luckier the next time round :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Exactly. Xbox was no help and said they would escalate the issue to a higher level and get back to me in 48-72 hours. Coalition got in contact with me after I messaged them through Twitter. They said

" Hello, thank you for reaching out.

This is really odd - might be due to your save file that got corrupted and you need to download a fresh copy from our servers.

What is your Gamertag please? Thank you. "

Awaiting a response now. I’ll keep updating the thread as I would hate to see this happen to someone else and could possibly provide some clarity to them if it does.

That’s happened to me with this and another game. It got resolved by deleting my profile off my Xbox and logging in again, which re-downloads info from the servers.

It’s not much for my Gigabit connection. :yum:

Definitely give this a try @FadedBarstrong. I don’t see any possibility that you’d lose everything but I guess stranger things have happened. Hopefully @Me0wMix_CatFood suggestion helps and if not maybe the developers can address it. No one just randomly “accidentally” deletes their entire inventory after all. I’ve also known you long enough to know this is a legitimate issue and not self inflicted.