All 32 hives Mastered Solo with all 18 classes (total of 576 runs)!

You’ve read that correctly, every single hive up to this point (end of OP 7) has been Mastered Solo with every single class available up until this point.

For those who have missed the origin of this “community challenge”, we started back in April:

It took us a total of 104 days to collect and finish all the runs and it was a massive journey!

The entire organization took place in the Discord I created here:

A full list of hives with a couple statistics can be found here in this Excel sheet:

And of course, I created a playlist with all 576 videos in it which you can find right here (copy the link or switch to YT for it to work properly):

A massive thank you to all the participants in this challenge, it sped up the progress A LOT and it was fun “working” with you guys! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Grammar

28 Likes

Proud to have been part of this challenge. Long live Escape!

8 Likes

This is a massive accomplishment. I only provided some of the difficult ones for Lahni/Blademaster so I didn’t provide as much as others but I’m happy I could’ve been a part of it.

The real praise should go to the people who grinded the hives as Demo and the people who grinded The Surge, The Gatekeepers and The Split as the promo classes.

Not knocking anyone who provided for the other hives as the other classes though, all solos are difficult in my opinion and you should be recognized for your contribution.

Big shout out to Great Defensor, TurnerBurner, Moss and Beetlecorn for providing the most amount of videos for the challenge.

Turner and Beetlecorn got me into soloing escape. I saw their videos and was inspired to get them done with Ironman and all as Lahni/Blademaster.

Congrats to everyone who contributed for getting this challenge completed.

13 Likes

It has been so nice being part of this journey! Who would have thought this to be possible? I certainly didn’t, yet here we are :slightly_smiling_face: Monster efforts from all participants and just to think- some of the toughest hives were completed even by the weakest of classes!

I think my favorite moments of this challenge were when The Surge got conquered, then, The Split and Gatekeepers (the latter two in the same day too!). And Melee Brawl, what a hive that turned out to be :sweat_smile: Thanks for putting this together @CommanderCH2863 , hopefully TC pick up the momentum and resurrect the Escape mode going forward!

8 Likes

Thank you @CommanderCH2863 for creating this challenge and bringing us all together.

It’s been a privilege to participate and interact with all the participants.

You guys rock!!

9 Likes

You’re very optimistic about that.

The one thing that I would respect the most is people even having the patience to put up with all the restarts and stupidity that regularly happens through no fault of your own, as well as wonky game mechanics. Even if I didn’t contribute anything myself(no Discord and I don’t exactly have a recording/editing setup for the Xbox anyway). Every time I try now after my initial solos of all the hives with various classes, of which the only record is me noting which class I did what hive with, I just get annoyed by stupid nonsense to the point where I stop again after 30 minutes to an hour of things just not working. Especially when it’s from dumb stuff like a certain Swarmak deciding to not take frontal damage any further, or just standing on a piece of cover with its toe while I’m using Blademaster and everything else in the run works perfectly fine yet I can’t pass the final section because the game is being stupid. Makes me stop very quickly when there’s no visible way to get around it by manipulating the AI or doing anything differently.

So it’s not like I have no idea what goes into it. But I can’t stand it much anymore when you fail not because of you screwing up but the game pulling dumb BS. Hence why I’d find some of the runs I preferred most being those where you can work pretty much every aspect of it down to a ‘routine’, like idk, doing the Split run as a Marksman solo where you know it’s possible so long as you get everything right and there’s little room for the game to screw you over through random nonsense.

I did watch some of the runs, but mainly those on Surge, Gatekeepers(stop not getting flashed when it blows up at your feet, Swarmak) and Split. Just thought those of were of most interest to me.

Anyway, virtual cookies as reward for the completion anyone? I forgot if there was anything else I wanted to add.

4 Likes

You mean 19 classes…? And 608 runs? :wink:

1 Like

There’s only 18 classes, 5 x Assault, 5 x Tank, 4 x Support and 4 x Promo :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Now do it again Solo in 3 player split screen

3 Likes

Ah, my bad. I had my Horde hat on!

3 Likes

Congrats on that insane-tier feat.

4 Likes

I was helping by reading chat everyday other day :wink:

3 Likes

Glad to have participated in this challenge! It was fun hanging with everyone, and I got a chance to do things I never thought I would do!

Watching this whole challenge progress was interesting to watch, and everyone did their part in some way shape or form. Some people just routinely grinded out completions of some of the easier hives, others went straight to the tough ones, and some simply did what they could. Not to mention those that had some of the oldest solos simply linking their old vids and inspiring the rest of us!

If I’m being honest, I have to give a big shout out to @TC_MichaelAOS for his continued work on PvE to rebalance various things, many of which are what even made this community Escape challenge possible. The OP4 enemy/player health and damage rebalance (for example making it possible to 1-shot all helmetless drone types with Active Longshots), the OP5 rework of the Ironman modifier to prevent being perpetually reverted back to the lobby, and the OP7 buff to the Promo Classes! Thank you Michael Shannon!

I personally would not have even bothered if not for the PvE support from TC above, especially not if Ironman hadn’t been changed. NO WAY would I have had the patience to go back to lobby after every single death. And I feel like the Promo buffs were what made this challenge even feasible to 100% complete in the first place.

I didn’t contribute many hives like some of the big names already mentioned, but I tried my best at the very beginning to brainstorm and see if it was even possible to beat the intimidating Surge. I only personally did Inflitrator, Nomad, and Protector, but @Siul_S249 did his part too by helping me with Inflitrator as well along with doing the Mechanic and Veteran runs. @CommanderCH2863 gets some of the really big credit however for figuring out a semi-routine way to finish the rest of the weakest classes on that hive! Once I saw the Surge beaten, I knew that this challenge was totally possible!

Thanks to everyone for the support and community interaction, and big thanks to @CommanderCH2863 for the inspiration to complete this challenge! I don’t blame you for not wanting to keep updating the list with rebalanced classes/fixed hive completions. But at this point with what was shown to be possible, it probably wouldn’t matter in the end anyway.

GG y’all!

11 Likes

I am glad I was able to contribute a few runs to this. Sadly couldn’t do more since I haven’t been able to play as much lately.

7 Likes

Well done :+1:

Give these ppl some kinda cool AF reward… Perhaps a new card “master tagger” planting a nade 1st time gets a cheer from marcus sound effect😁

@TC_MichaelAOS

@TC_Shauny

3 Likes

Would u still have tried this with the original iron man mutator…?

1 Like

Oh hell no… those 16h I wasted on The Split with Protector probably would’ve turned out to be 160h due to the loading screen. If the Snatcher loading screen were skippable then maybe.

3 Likes

That would have been horrible. I shudder at the thought.

3 Likes

A fantastic accomplishment!

@TC_Shauny In my humble opinion this should be worth a mention in Gears glory

19 Likes

Well done everyone! Although almost all of the runs i did were already done by people I definitely improved myself as a solo escape player.

9 Likes