Ahh, so Ryan explained: they cut the head off to prevent a headache (slide speed and roll delay)

I am getting really tired of core, basic Gears VS dynamics being neutered in some attempt to cut down on something TC seems as a problem.

From Ryan’s detailed reply to the skill gap video, I finally understood why a couple of things are in 5.

1. delay in the ability to shoot, after coming out of a roll. he said , it was to punish people for MIS-ROLLING! But here’s the thing: you can’t tell when people are rolling on purpose and when they are misrolling. Just like you can’t tell when people quit or get kicked by your servers, so you punish everyone. Same here - I like to roll, I would love to adopt a more rolling style of game play - but YOU made it clear that every time I roll, you take that to be something i need to be punished for! Because you assue I am spamming wall bouncing, I miss roll, so I need to be punished for it. Rolling after taking a shot, to roll under your opponent’s shot, to shoot him again from a side/distable is a perfectly valid, normal, respected Gears CQB tactic, and you are killing it, in some attempt to punish people for… wall bouncing too quickly??

2. slide speed reduction - again, I slide to cover a lot, as a way of trying to duck under my opponent’s shot, and then try to shoot him from the side or back. Again, a perfectly valid, normal, respected Gears CQB mechanic. But you nerfed it to the point where it’s useless , as some attempt to what? Prevent rapid wall bouncing?

You know, your “solutions” are having a muuuuuuuuuch greater negative impact on my enjoyment of the game play, on my interest in continuing to play and support this game than the original “problem” you are trying to deal with ! You are nerfing base, core Gears CQB mechanism as a way of dealing some one highly specific thing, which honestly isn’t really that much of a problem…

I’ve seen hyper bouncers on Gears of War 4, and you know what? I don’t mind them… Chainsaw works very well against them… And with the maps being so much more open, with far less cover, crazy bouncing isn’t really a problem… In fact, the open map design is GREAT for a rolling style of offensive and defensive play… Except you add these delays to make it so anyone can counter it, to the point of them being useless…

You are really cutting the head off, to try and prevent a headache…

And then, in the store, you’re trying to sell us a number of different hats…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ryan Cleven responds to popular Gears 5 fan video. Goes in depth