Adding TDM to Competitive Tuning Would Be A Positive

More people would play competitive, since that is what you advertise, and hype.

Not everyone wants to play the only mode, which is the objective game type.

Escalation is not the only mode people play, and execution is a barren wasteland.

Put TDM into competitive, and watch more people enjoy it!

Personally, I prefer execution, but no one plays it :frowning:

3 Likes

Or what about remove core and let all game modes be competitive? I don’t get why that there needs to be 2 tunings

3 Likes

Comp warmup includes tdm

This I agree with 100%, but TC loves having 2 tunings for some reason, I still don’t get it to this day.

1 Like

Core:

KOTH
Dodgeball
Guardian
Execution

Comp:

TDM
Blitz
Escalation

Condensed:

Social:

TDM
Arms Race
Dodgeball
Guardian

Core:

KOTH

Comp:

Blitz
Escalation

One Tuning:

2.8.2 (Health Regen Neutral for all movement)

TDM
KOTH
Blitz
Escalation
Wingman

:raised_hands:

Apparently they wanted to do their own unique thing with the Gears franchise and be “different” from the previous developers Epic Games but the thing is nobody cares how unique your ideas are if they ruin the game we love… The people want Gears Of War back not Weapon Tunings Of War. By the way if you guys agree that separate settings are terrible for Gears why haven’t I seen any of you lovely individuals supporting Fourm posts speaking out? We need to stand up for our rights guys

1 Like

Merging the list into 1 mode would really help. I like koth comp for warmup

TDM is a horrible gamemode that doesn’t belong in Gears and it certainly doesn’t belong in competitive. The numbers would be far less if it were. I’d say just completely remove TDM or keep it where it is.

1 Like

TDM isn’t a great mode, but I’m 100% down with 1 tuning.

I know it’s not a great mode per say, but it’s all the casual players that love the respawn mode without objectives

I for one, have never had much interest in objective based gametypes.

I love execution. One life per round.

But it’s barren. No one plays, and if I do land a match, it takes 15 minutes of searching, and it’s full of 150+ pingstars

1 Like

Yeah TDM doesn’t really go hand in hand with comp, imo. You know what I’d like to see in comp? Guardian or Dodgeball. It’d be fun to watch it at Esports but that’s probably just me.

I personally like Core tuning but that’s because I play really well in it, I’ve always tried to base my style of getting the first shot off, dance a bit, and finish with the second shot without getting too close for them to body me with one shot. I know Core is too easy, comp just feels like putting in more work lol but I understand why some would prefer it.

1 Like

I love competitive when everyone’s ping is below 60ms but that never happens. There’s always that high ping that ensures none of my shots register no matter how close I am to them. This also happens in Core but at least there my gun has a chance to do some damage. But this is also more due to the fact that there is lag in both but it seems I run into even worse pings when I play Escalation.

Give me a Universal Tuning somewhere between Core/Comp but not an exact replica or either. Throw in matchmaking filters that ensure no more high ping warriors and it’ll be fine.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%

1 Like