Active Tour Objectives Update

I believe an update to the “Active Tour Objectives” is needed. “Choice” is a huge component to any game this day and age. Being able to choose what you want to do and get rewarded for it is a formula for success. As of matter of fact, the devs from Gears 5 told us that being able to play what mode we want wouldn’t effect our progression system. Well this is not the case with the active tour objectives.

As I see it, there are 3 main modes in this game. Versus, horde, and escape. I am personally a versus player. When I hop on, I want to go straight into a versus match and have fun. I also want to feel like I’m progressing in the Tour of Duty in the process but this has not been the case. I am constantly receiving objectives for horde and escape. I’ll play those every once in a blue moon due to my gaming preference but it’s come to the point where I feel like I am forced to play these game modes that I don’t want to play if I want to progress in the tour of duty. It makes the game less enjoyable for me because I want to unlock all that cool stuff in the tour of duty but I also don’t want to be forced to play the modes I don’t particularly enjoy to do so.

I suggest you (the devs) give us players some sort of option for the active tour objectives. For example; we should able to choose from 4 main categories.

1. Versus
  2. Horde
  3. Escape
  4. Mix

Once a player chooses one of those categories, active tour objectives will populate that pertains to the players choice of game style so that he or she is not forced to play modes they do not want to play.

If you have a thought or an opinion on this, I would like to hear it. Thank you.

5 Likes

Your idea is common sense from a consumer standpoint, TC don’t share that, they are well aware of this idea but how are they going to get you to spend iron with such a stream lined idea?

Like when they gave everyone iron for free, Its to get you in then get you spending.

Turning players into payers.

3 Likes

Totally agree, good post :+1:

I thought about the same idea, but after some observation, i noticed that around 2/3 of the mission i was given where for Versus (what i only play), so i thought there was an algorythm somewhere giving missions that correspond your playstyle OR i was very lucky.

I understand where you’re coming from in terms of a game making additional money after their release date however, forcing the player to either play modes they don’t want to play or spend money to change those objectives ( keep in mind that even paying to change those objectives does not guarantee you an objective suited for your preferred game mode) to advance in the tour of duty is not right. Cosmetic items is where iron should be spent.

1 Like

Read between the lines

Players into payers

AAA video games in 2019

I believe you have been lucky seeing as how many of my active tour objectives consist of horde or escape.

Yeah i think i was also lucky, 3 days i got only horde escape objectives and also horde / escape objective on the free re roll, hehe, luck ran out i guess.

It doesn’t have to be that way. We as the players need to voice our opinions on topics such as these to make a change. If we accept that it’s ok for devs to force us to spend extra money and force us to play modes in a game that we don’t like especially in a world of “choice”, then nothing will ever change.