Achievements stopped tracking and popping

I started this game last week on the Xbox Series X and to begin with the achievements were tracking normally but now Grubpocalypse, Grubslaughter, Boom!, Immortal and I could do this all day have stopped tracking at all over the past few days. Is anybody else having these same problems?

2 Likes

Having the same issue.
I am playing on PC through steam.
Linked to Xbox.
Achievements were working just fine…
After each mission the achievements would update in the top right corner, but that no longer happens.
Both on steam and Xbox the achievements are no longer being tracked.

3 Likes

Well, I was at 87% for grubpocalypse. I ran 5 missions and checked again. It’s still at 87%. I’m FAIRLY confident that I would have killed at least 100 enemies during that span. This is after the last time when none of my grub killings counted towards it during my entire Ironman playthrough. :sob:

1 Like

I can cofirm that achievements on steam (PC) are not working properly. It seems that any achievement that has a count on something (like " Grubslayer" - Kill 10 enemies) won’t register. I have played until A1C4 and I guess I have killed 10 enemies since the tutorial missions. :wink:
Other achievements without counts worked fine, f.ex. “Tactics!” or story related “World on Fire” or “All For One!” (Jack achievement).

As this seems to be the case since August at least, I think the topic has no resolution yet.

3 Likes

Yeah I just ran a few more missions and still at 87%. @TC_Shauny

Just FYI - Shauny is no longer at TC. As far as I know, there is no community manager at the moment.

2 Likes

hmm, that’s unfortunate. maybe @TC_Sera can distribute to someone?

1 Like

Also doesn’t work at TC anymore. You’re not in luck for getting a response from TC since any public faces of the community team are not at the company anymore, and all we have is a generic community team account that has responded to a post exactly one time thus far, to my knowledge, and that’s in the current test tuning thread.

2 Likes

oh well, you mean @TC_GEARS ?
well, at least it should trigger someone to acknowledge that there is an issue, and furthermore try and investigate if there could be someone working on a solution - or not, which would be a shame.

1 Like

The best way to get their attention is to submit an official support ticket describing the broken achievement tracking. That’s what i did and i recommend everybody else does the same, it’s far more likely to get fixed sooner that way.

https://support.gearstactics.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

I did that as well, hope it doesn’t take 14 business days (as stated in the ticket response) - that would mean it could take until december until anyone officially recognizes the issue… oof.:scream:

2 Likes

Has anybody tried to message them on Twitter? That seems to be what they prefer over the official forums.

1 Like

Came back to this game to get the last few achievements I needed and achievements stopped tracking as of 2 days ago.

1 Like

Do you mean @TC_GEARS? Or should we be trying something else? The first thing I did was submit a support ticket. @MasterMinshew is this-
https://twitter.com/CoalitionGears- the support account on twitter? Have you tried that yet? I’ll do it.

Also thanks everyone

1 Like

Yes, I did, because that is basically the community team account at this point. And you can also submit a report here if you think it’ll be of any use(the site is known to have long response delays and not always helpful, or automated) :

https://support.gearstactics.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

As it was also linked above. There’s also support.gearsofwar.com but I assume that one is more for general support requests and/or requests relating to Gears 5.

1 Like

Yeah already done it. Hopefully it will be addressed soon. Also support.gearsofwar.com is the same thing, You’d just redirect to support.gearstactics.com/hc/en-us after you selected Tactics.

Never had to submit a support request for Tactics, but ok. Not an achievement chaser myself, but still kinda meh that TC is just leaving these things on the table without seeming to really care about it. Not that the communication in other aspects is much better.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Community_Gears

I think this is the new Community Management Team’s Twitter Account.
That’s where I would try to get a response but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I think they’ve responded to people like 2-3 times total. lol.

1 Like

If you scroll down through that account’s older posts you’ll see they just took Shauny’s account, renamed it, and made it a generic community management account that apparently multiple people monitor.

2 Likes

Well, regardless I tagged both accounts in my Twitter post.

1 Like