Achievements stopped tracking and popping

Just like the title says. I got the last jack-specfic chievo (it was suit up) and suit up unlocked but seriously jacked didn’t. In addition, it appears that immortal and grubpocalypse have stopped tracking.

After I got Suit up unlocked, I switched from my Jack campaign to a no-jack campaign. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. I didn’t run a mission with the supreme gear, I just equiped it. Doesn’t explain why seriously jacked wouldn’t pop.

1 Like

@TC_Shauny Confirming the same issue with all Gears Tactics achievements. My Grubslaughter achievement, kill 1,000 enemies, has been sitting at 98% for the past three days. Is this a known issue?

2 Likes

@MetalDrummer23 make sure you log a support ticket. I know TC is slow on fixing stuff, but with the lower player base of Tactics, getting folks to put tickets in may help get it on TC’s radar faster.

2 Likes

I did already homie!

I want to start playing Tactics after finishing Gears 5, but now I don’t know if it’s better to keep waiting until TC confirms a fix.

I just have 4 achievements (World on fire, Grubslayer, Oh I’m sorry did I break your concentration? and Tactics!) and even when I liked the game a lot, I don’t want to play it for now if I can’t unlock any achievement.

2 Likes

I have never had an issue resolved from a support ticket.
Waste of time.

2 Likes

Are you currently having issues with Tactics?

1 Like

I have only played an hour or so but no problems so far.
I have ongoing problems with achievements not tracking or unlocking in Gears 5 which have never been resolved by submitting a support ticket.
Both games are TC so it doesn’t surprise me that achievements are not tracking or unlocking in Tactics and in my case submitting support tickets has been a complete waste of time.
If you do try submitting a ticket I hope you get the help you need.

1 Like

The achievements are working for you?

Perhaps I should also mention that the day I unlocked “Suit Up!” was Friday, August 6th.

Have seen the posts/DMs about Tactics achievements, I’ll try to ask what’s going on!

8 Likes

I also have one buggy achievement. I started playing yesterday and I am several missions in but I still haven’t unlocked Grubslayer which is 10 kills.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had the same problem with achievements not tracking anymore.

It happened after I started my second play through. I saved it to a separate file, so still have my first playthrough file, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I also came across another bug where on the Brumak fight, I positioned JACK next to the building in the middle along the edge of that part of the map, and JACK somehow seemed to semi-glitch into/against the side of the building so he’s quite high up off the ground, and he can’t move at all. He can use abilities though. On the plus side, the Brumak tried to target JACK with the rockets and can’t hit JACK at all, presumably cos he’s so far off the ground and out of the AOE range.

2 Likes

I’m unfortunately experiencing the same issue. Any achievement which requires you to do several things is stuck, yet single requirement achievements are still popping up.

Would love a fix to this.

3 Likes

I haven’t unlocked any single achievements since stuff started messing up, but that’s because I only have 'Ain’t no one like me, ‘cept me,’ ‘We should have shotguns for this…,’ ‘Legen (wait for it) …,’ ‘…dary!,’ and ‘High Noon.’ The former 2 won’t unlock (to the best of my knowledge) in a jack campaign, so I had to start a new game without jack. ba dum tss And those achievements are better late game (I’m currently mid-act 3, again).

That said, my ‘Immortal’ would be completed by now, and my ‘Grubpocalypse’ would be a ways up as well. I hope if it’s fixed that it will remember that progress and account for it…for ‘Grubpocalypse’ in particular…

1 Like

I stopped playing the game a few days ago, because my achievements are not unlocking and tracker stopped. Two achievements not unlocked Tick, Tick, Tick… and Boom! I was playing in Jacked mode and doing “I’ve done the whole mind control thing” and “Zed’s dead Baby” of course. These tracker stopped.
Its really annoying. I playing games for achievements.

1 Like

I dunno about anyone else, but my achievements started tracking again as of yesterday at some point. Alot if my progress for certain achievements wasn’t counted - like the one where you use JACK to hijack all enemy types; or kill all Deviant enemy types. I think it only started tracking yesterday’s progress.

Also on a side-note, I just started the post-game Veteran missions yesterday on my JACK playthrough and only just unlocked Cole as a character. Normally he joins in act 1. I didn’t think anything of it as I thought maybe Cole doesn’t appear in the JACK mode, but clearly he does but I didn’t get him until super late! God only knows how this happened… :yum:

1 Like

I’m having the same issues mentioned above. Unfortunately my last two achievements are grubpocalypse and seriously tactical so it’s difficult to check if the tracker is working again.

@Bleeding_Pepper did you just continue on your current, most recent save file? I’m just curious if you did anything to jump start the tracker again like recover your gamertag, clear your cache or go between save files etc. Any info would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, I just continued on my most recent save file and it seemed to count a few percentage points for a couple of achievements like Immortal (complete 100 missions without dying or DBNO). This was on 85% from my first save file but now is 87%. I should have unlocked this during my second file but I’m not fussed as I’ll get it naturally over time anyway.

I didn’t do anything special (like reinstall the game or resync my save files from the cloud). It just happened yesterday naturally.

I think the achievements bugged out when I started my second playthrough. It was working fine when I played my first one which was the standard game. My second playthrough was in the JACK mode and I kept the save file from my first game. Not sure if that has any relevance though.

2 Likes

@Bleeding_Pepper thank you for the info.

So are you currently still playing on your 2nd save file? The JACK mode which you initially noticed your progress had stopped tracking on? Or did you start a 3rd? I’m guessing you just continued on if you are playing the verteran missions?

1 Like

Yes, still on my second save file.

My first one is still there too but I haven’t touched it for over a week.

These are the only two files I have at the moment.

2 Likes