About the Tactics Onyx

I feel a little disappointed about these two.
For one, It feels like T.C. handed us their own version of the OG onyx guard rather than an authentic version of the character we all really like. Now there’s nothing wrong with that especially since these skins aren’t too far away from the original design and when I look at it, I see gears of war especially more so after seeing the abomination that is the current COG/Onyx gears.

Second, its slightly more disappointing that again the Onyx share character slots with the COG Gears when before they were separate entirely. Their own personalities,voices and quirks. Most of the voice lines for the Judgment onyx female could’ve been used for her as a separate character and I’m sorry no offense to Casan’s voice actress, the original onyx female is just way better.

I don’t have much gripes with Vermelo as he sort of fits in more than Casan honestly but I suppose the lack of change is just a money thing so I’m fine with it more tbh. Well the logic of it anyway

4 Likes

What I don’t understand is, if they wanted to give us the Tactics Onyx Guard, why does it not include the biggest unique thing about the Onyx Guard Armor in Tactics? Specifically, the waist cape thing on the leg armor at the legendary rarity.

4 Likes

Would’ve been a great way to introduce some variations for the character but instead we get another T.C. take on something.

3 Likes

I loved the Uir Officer especially for that cape.

Did someone say “Casan”?

Damn, I can’t stand her voice. Wish there was some way to assign a character to a bot’s specific slot. Kinda like how the game autofills Versus matches with random characters.

1 Like

Even then its not even random anymore it’s always the same four bots. JD, Del, Marcus and Kait it’s so damn lame.

I’d happily take any of them over Casan in a heartbeat lol

1 Like

It puts me off buying CS Onyx Guard. Can’t stand the voice.
OG Female Onyx guard was voiced by Courtney Taylor

3 Likes

aaaaaAAAAHAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Her voicelines in general piss me off. Then again, so does Clayton and his “I’M A GRUB KILLER!!!11!” quotes.

1 Like

I kinda want the Tactics Onyx now, only because I’ve been using Vermelo lately and I like their armor. His voice is fine too. Don’t care for Casan’s voice though, so wouldn’t buy her. On the other hand, now that you’re saying they’re supposed to have a cape? I feel like I’m being gypped slightly.

1 Like

They’re most likely either withholding that version of the armor to charge people for it as a sad excuse for an alternative or they’ve just forgotten about it

Or it was “too much work” for them, like scrapping duplicate cards is.