Gears Forums

About had it with toxic players that think they are too good to break a capped hill

If you are sitting on 0 breaks, and your teammate has the most breaks, don’t be a ■■■■■ by calling out your teammate over global chat after a loss. If I have the highest # of breaks, more than likely I also died a few other times trying to break a hill. This is why TC really needs to re-evaluate points for Breaks. Its a “dirty work” job. If I have half the elims that you do, but I have %1,000 percent more Breaks…all that means is that you chose to try to protect your body the majority of the match and only play offense. This attitude of Im too important to break is selfish nonsense. And if you are sitting on a goose egg in a category in an objective based mode, their should be a penalty. Period. 0 breaks is pathetic. Calling someone out when you have 0 breaks is even more pathetic.

33 Likes

I agree with you

3 Likes

@V7_Prime427 I have a real disdain in general for dpuchebags that call out individuals after a loss on global chat…period. Having more elims doesn’t mean you played the best or were the most important. But damn son, dont call.me out when you are sporting a goose egg in 1 category. Ill always tell you im gonna have less elims, because I like doing the dirty work. You get killed an awful lot breaking Caps. Breaks should be worth 2 kills, based on your chances of dying and respawn time.

5 Likes

This is the single worst thing I can’t stand about KOTH, is not breaking!! You are absolutely right about this. Breaking is very difficult to successfully do. I’ll take it up a notch, I don’t even care if you barely don’t have any kills either. It’s about being productive within that match.

4 Likes

It’s tricky…
There’s a fine line between being the guy who gets most breaks and the guy who is feeding and they are often the same person.
There’s a lot to be said for waiting for the group. Entering a 1v 4 is noble, but doesn’t really help your team. It hurts them because now you put them in a 4v5. If your team can turn a 5v5 into a 5v4, it quickly becomes a 5v3 and then you soon cap. You lose a few secs on the board but gain more points by being patient.

That was the hardest part for me to learn. To wait and turn the numbers in your favor. If you’re getting most caps and still wearing a strong kill to death ratio, you’re doing the right thing. If you’re dying a lot, you’re just feeding.

7 Likes

@Me0wMix_CatFood I hear you. I agree with you. I guess in the situation that triggered me to post, dont come at me over global chat, calling me out just because we lost simply because my elims werent as good as yours. Especially when you are rocking a goose egg on breaks. I cant stand players that have this attitude that their skill level is so strong offensively that breaking is “beneath them,”. Im also not the type that is gonna make a big deal out of it…Unless you decide to call me out publicly. I guess I have a real problem with the toxicity of alot of players period.
All of newer/younger players have absolutely no control over match making…and if they are put in a match thats above their skill level. Then, to have a player in a 4stack say something jacked up to their 5th over the chat when they lose when the 5th was a bronze player that really had no business even being in the match in the first place. Its just pathetic and toxic. They never remember they werent born playing gears…and werent always gods gift to wall bouncing. You win some…you lose some. Its a game. Have some ■■■■■■■ class and sportsmanship.

4 Likes

I feel like I always have a shot at taking one out with me. Sometimes I get 2 or 3. That’s why I’m hoping for the return of the flash. The maps that have them if I get a hold of them since you get 2. I go suicidal. It’s fun but not as fun as it was on 4. I don’t care about dying but if you can break it and get multiple players off there setup. I feel like it will always benefit the team when they are out in the open trying to recap.

3 Likes

For me, casual is the place to dive into a cap and try to delete the whole team. Clip worthy moments like this are what makes Gears great.

But, in ranked, that kind of thing isn’t as conducive to winning.

1 Like

@xxxGAUNTLETxxx my mindset is “just dont make it easy for them”…ill even “break a hill” even before its capped. I know that isnt really a break if it isnt capped. But, if i can stop it…and it resets, maybe that gives my trammates the few extra seconds they need after respawning to come around the corner and stop a cap and let us take it . I mean, sometimes preventing 2points can mean the difference in winning and losing. But damn, dont just let them keep racking up points b/c you dont wanna break. I want the other team to earn every point they get.

2 Likes

It is in rank when you pull it off lol. Idk there is so many bugs now. Ever since they removed the 3 bullet reload you have this glitch where your Gnasher just starts to reload at just the wrong time. Or when you have your Gnasher out the next thing you know there is a smoke grenade in your hand. There been times recently where I could of had a few great high light clips , but all I did was go in get a break and start reloading and running around looking like a Dumb F. I always wondered what the other team thinks when they see this. Like “look at this f en idiot”

I do that alot also. Partial breaks. That would be awesome if it counts for something. What’s irritating is when you run through the whole cap and nothing happens or when you go to do a partial break and your in there for 2 seconds and it’s like your never there. This game has alot of issues that are nerve racking. Than again there isn’t any other game out there that can compare to Gears Imo. I wish TC all the success because I wanna keep playing this S***. Hopefully Good things are to come.

1 Like

@xxxGAUNTLETxxx yea.h…ive experienced alot of the no break breaks…ive played long enough to know if i wad in the circle long enough to stop the points. It sucks to die and get nothing for it. Their is no other game like it for sure.

2 Likes

Players that dont cap/break just suck at KOTH and are better suited to other modes like TDM etc.

And before anyone says that slaying/holdin positions down etc are a form of support for the team well here’s an idea… why not cap first AND THEN go on a killin spree?

Aint that deep but I guess it is for some… Probably a buncha the same players who then moan about the MVP change smh

2 Likes

Not sure I agree, my friend. It grinds my gears when I see 5 people in a ring and no one setting up a perimeter. You don’t need 5 people to be capping. You need one person to cap and the other 4 to be laying down suppressive fire stopping the enemy team from getting in. Look at my attached picture; lowest number of breaks and caps but look at my downs. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone else get near that amount of downs and you can’t argue that giving the rest of my team that kind of lancer support from the overhead positions on exhibit isn’t as valuable as capping a ring

2 Likes

Some hills are notoriously hard to cap with just one person (eg Icebound ring between towers) and it makes most sense to cap as a team quickly (or at least 3 players) before setting up a defensive perimeter from the ring outwards.

The best teams Ive ever faced are those who swarm rings to cap quickly before slaying and making it hard to infiltrate. As an offensive player, nothin I love more then breaking and cappin a hill thats only manned by one player (I usually get his a*s outta there with the quickness lol) but 2 or more and me breakin/cappin becomes more unlikely.

To be fair, you were cappin & breaking. The times you did mighta been crucial to the win (eg breakin when the enemy team is about to win a round). Im more aimin (and I think the OP is too) at those who are in that same situation (enemy team about to win) and they stand off from the hill and dont break it. I’m left screamin ‘break the goddam ring you pussi’ lol Also, to add to your point, you were fortunate to be on a team where your team mates were aggressively cappin. This allowed you to play your game as support but if your team mates sat back and didn’t cap, all that support fire you gave woulda been in vein.

2 Likes

I feel your pain regarding those final 10 seconds, enemy has the ring and there’s someone lancering from miles away. That’s stupid at that point.

I guess there will always need to be slayers and support. Those capping and those breaking. If your strength doesn’t lie in running in to break a ring, grabbing a kill and stalling the enemy then it’s just a death in vain. What’s your gt? Would be nice to build up a friends list of KOTH players

2 Likes

Soon we are going to do the full circle and compare ping sizes too :frowning:

2 Likes

This has always been a thing. Hate to say it.

It’s all about the K/D ratio in KOTH.

2 Likes

It’s not really feeding in KOTH though… feeding is only a thing for TDM… in KOTH you have infinite respawns, so throwing away a life for a break is not a negative, the only negative to it is that you’re down a man at the ring until they respawn, but it’s not really costing you unlike TDM, TDM a player feeding is so frustrating, can’t tell you how many times I see my team run out of spawns when I haven’t even died or only died once… not saying im great or camping, ive died my fair share in TDM, but I do know I have also had plenty of times where Im kickin a$$, doing real good, got a nice chunk of elims hadn’t even died, then I look up to the top left to see were losing and down to 1 respawn im like wtf?

Back to point though, feeding isn’t really a thing in KOTH, you can take my word for it cause I don’t like KOTH lol, it’s ok when I have a squad, most the time I’m solo though, and that’s what I do and why I hate it, I be the only one rushing in against their whole team guarding, so im good just to even get the break lol… it is ok with an actual team though, a couple weeks ago I ran into some people on social Gridiron, we clicked and added eachother, played some KOTH, hadn’t even did my placements for Op 3 til then lol, we wrecked though I landed in silver 3 straight away.

1 Like