As part of our continued post-launch support, we are committed to continually improving Gears 5’s online experience. We know you have concerns, and we want to improve our transparency around our ongoing development work to address your biggest topics of feedback.
Our Development Team is already hard at work on resolving several priority issues, which we’ve listed below. We recognize that these issues have significant impact on your Gears 5 experience, and we’re prioritizing them by the degree of negative impact they have.
Dealing with the issues below are our top priority – but this list does not include any new features or smaller fixes also in development. As these issues progress, will provide more details – including timing – to keep you informed. Thank you for all of your support and feedback since release. Our team care deeply about tackling these issues as soon as possible. We’ll be keeping you updating you regularly moving forward with any detail we can provide.
Priority: Very High
- Player may not see earned rewards (in-game content, stars, etc.) in the post match flow. While these rewards are showing up later, we are working to ensure all players see rewards as soon as they are earned.
- Players may be randomly disconnected, resulting in a disrupted game experience and potentially unfounded quit penalties.
- Temporary fix: We are temporarily removing the 15 & 30 minute ‘timeout’ penalties to ensure non-quitters aren’t as punished by disconnects. However, Ranked Completion Ratings (RCR) are still active so serial quitters will still receive escalating suspensions.
- Permanent fix: Under investigation
RANKED POINTS NOT AWARDING CORRECTLY
Priority: Very High
- Post-match tier skill points are not working as intended. They are inaccurate, inconsistent and not representative of a player’s individual performance.
- The net result of this is players are seeing potentially dramatic and wrong rank increases and/or decreases.
- Some players are not being placed in the correct rank upon completion of their placement matches.
- We are also aware of players getting ‘stuck’ in Silver and having harder than expected time to increase their rank until getting out.
We have identified the issue and have a permanent fix in progress and we are currently working on the implementation. Once we are sure it is fixed, we will communicate the timeline for a rank reset.
Note: Providing an accurate, reliable and enjoyable Ranking system is paramount to us at The Coalition; so, in conjunction with the next Title Update, we MAY turn off the showing individual post match results while we work on a fix.
This will allow us to keep gathering data on Ranked to resolve the problem, which is essential to our ability to make improvements. Skilled based matchmaking will remain in place and is working well. We will provide more details soon, including notification prior to making this change.
- Matches in select regions can have higher than acceptable pings.
- Wait times can be unusually long in some regions
A potential cause has been identified and solutions to improve the situation are in progress.
VERSUS GAMEPLAY TUNING
- We are investigating further weapon balance tuning in Versus
- Our current focus is on the Lancer, Breaker, Markza and Melee.
We are monitoring both feedback and in-game data in response to our latest Markza tuning.
In addition, we have a new iteration of Lancer tuning based on player feedback since launch that we expect to release in the near future. We are also actively investigating and testing other tuning changes based on your feedback, including looking at the Melee and Breaker.
IN-GAME NETWORK CORRECTIONS
- Players experiencing occasional lag and/or teleporting mid-match
You can stay up to date with all these topics right here on our Forums, on Gears5.com/Status or via our in-game News message.