A Guardian/Sentinel Melee/Bleed Kill on Every Standard Horde Map using Lahni/Blademaster

Hello People. Im back with another Blademaster video. Basically the past 2 weeks I’ve been playing Master Horde and Master Horde Frenzy trying my hardest to kill a Guardian or Sentinel using Blademaster on every regular map.

I have most of the details at the start of the video, but basically a friend and I did all these games with 3 randoms. I never told anyone in my games to let me kill the guardians or sentinels so I had to rely entirely on the randoms in games being very unaware of their surrounding or had to rely on them being very bad because, obviously, if I were playing with a good team there’s absolutely no reason for the blademaster to be killing the flying enemies.

What I wanted out of this video was to see if I could actually kill a flying enemy with Blademaster on every regular map in the game and to also see if I could figure out reliable spots for Blademaster to kill flying enemies. I’d say about 3/4 of the maps have very easy spots for the flying enemies to be killed but some maps I had alot of trouble. The easiest map for me to get a kill was Forge because a guardian always flies over the wall leading up to the control room and floats in the exact same spot so I could plant a flash on the 7-10 waves of the deebee waves hoping the gaurdian came after me on the side I was. The most annoying map to get a kill on was Allfather’s for me. I tried for 2 hours in a private frenzy on master with my friend and 3 A.I. bots but the sentinel just wouldn’t ever get low enough for me to hit. Eventually my friend got lucky with a good flashbang and I was finally able to kill it.

Also, for the people wondering why I didn’t play the escape-tile based maps, I just really dont like those maps and don’t have the desire to play them. Its fine if you like them but I cant stand them.

Any feedback/comments are welcomed. I’m really happy with the way this video turned out.

9 Likes

I think this detail is more of a given really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The moral of the story is you can bring blademaster to a public lobby with bad players if you wanted to. As you said in the post, there is no reason you should be put in a situation where you need to kill flyers in horde.lol. When I run this class I typically lead my team in damage but that’s generally because of scions, drones and other easier enemies. These examples will just allow this class to be that much more dominant.

Also, I already know based on gameplay-you can mention the skill cards you use. I only say that because horde has more variery/good choices while escape has only one real option.

Also also, based on my tests (and a video that I will eventually release), holding a breaker mace provides 20% damage resistance.

1 Like

Great vid :+1:
I was trying to kill a Sentinel last night on Regency. But I couldn’t. I was hoping to catch the flyer with my shock chain and it worked a couple of times but not enough to bleed it.

Btw, I came across your lobby the other day. I think it said “ something… carry me”
I laughed :slight_smile: tried to join but I think the lobby was full so I couldn’t.

1 Like

I look forward to that video bc I knew in versus holding the mace gave you some resist against the gnasher but I didn’t know it gave resistance in PvE.

1 Like

I will of course try to fiddle with it. A good way to test would be to use venom (which is what you did I am pretty sure) or to get a teammate to shoot you with an EMBAR (it does 1000 damage in Escape) and see how much damage it does. If you see 250, there is no damage resistance. I will test it later today and see what I can find.

1 Like

thanks rumbly! Regency was one of the more annoying ones bc they almost never flew low enough for me to hit them i just got lucky once and found one low to the ground.

I tend to name my lobbies something silly in horde and escape bc if I name it something asking for a certain thing or deposit please then I never get what im asking for lol

2 Likes

Thanks for having shared.
Very impressive for all blademaster rookies

1 Like

@TurnerBurner922 I just ran some tests and when I shot JD when he was not holding a Mace, he took 250 damage (as normal since that is 1/4th of the normal damage the EMBAR does) and when I shot him when he was holding the Mace, he only took 125 damage, half of what was done prior.

2 Likes

so it explained why Blademaster can able to be the Dominant after holding the Mace Breaker in Horde 50 since you’re hardly to Go Down?

It’s another level of Dominant bc you have your ultimate recharge very quickly after a few hit of Mace and you can use ultimate every wave killing almost a bunch of enemies and get MvP again and again.

1 Like

Exactly. Later waves I tend to get ultimate nearly twice per wave. The perks, resistance cards and holding a breaker mace allows me to take less damage during a horde match.

1 Like

I managed to use Electroblade on a Guardian on Reclaimed yesterday. @Sashimi7699 was there when it happened and the Guardian got ■■■■■■ up.

2 Likes

Nice. Reclaimed was a tough one for me. Took me a few tries.

It tried to fly away but the melee lunge allowed me to keep on beating the ■■■■ out of it.

1 Like

Sounds like the kill I had on Reactor in the video. I lunge a gaurdian from the retro lancer spawn to the swarm versus spawn.

Ordinarily I let Shock Chain handle flyers, so long as there’s enemies near by for me to knife, the bleed usually handles them.

It is great for that but in that instance, the Guardian was low enough for me to hit it. Since we were in that room, it couldn’t fly high enough that I couldn’t hit it. I usually have Brutal Claw as my 5th in Horde since it enhances your bleed and it gives you a ranged option should you be unable to close the distance safely.

1 Like

Mine’s still at 4, I’ll probably consider using it once it reaches level 5 since I can live without Shock Chain. Drop rates for any new skill card is bad.

1 Like

They just never drop. I forced it to 5 and I have gotten maybe 4 dupes since.

I do hope they address the drop rates, because if we ain’t getting card scrapping they can at least tweak the drops.

1 Like