Gears Forums

A comprehensive list of Ribbons in Gears 5 (Community input requested)

Community, let us come together to create a single place where all ribbons are listed.

I will start with my limited knowledge of the PvE relevant ribbons, and create additional entries/sections as input is made here.

Horde/Escape ribbons:
first! - Get the first enemy kill.

Hail Mary - Kill an enemy from over 200 ft away with an RL-4 Salvo (Also counts GL/Boomshot kills at similar range.)

Hat trick - Head-shot three enemies in a row

Death From Beyond - Kill an enemy while you are dead.

Mvp - Win Mvp for the round (Does not award in escape, although you can acquire mvp in escape. Perhaps an overlook by tc?)

The Super - Head-shot a “rolling” enemy (Side-stepping enemy)

Rope-A-Dope - Kill 3 enemies that are distracted by a decoy

Methodical - Execute 5 enemies

Coup-De-Grace - Execute the last enemy (Can be acquired in escape if you allow an enemy on the helipad and execute it as the last enemy)

Not-So-Fast - Kill an enemy while they are executing a teammate.

trick shot - Kill two enemies with a single torque bow head-shot

No-smoking - Kill a leech (potentially other flusher type enemies) with a flash-bang (Needs confirmation)

Versus Ribbons:

First In First Out - Be the first to die.

Pioneer - Be the first to capture a hill in KOTH

Multi kill ribbons - Get multi kills in versus. (Need more info)

Bagman - Kill the leader in Guardian

First! - Get the first kill

Hail Mary - Kill an enemy from over 200 ft away with an RL-4 Salvo (Also counts GL/Boomshot kills at similar range.)

Hat trick - Head-shot three enemies in a row

Death From Beyond - Kill an enemy while you are dead.

Mvp - Win Mvp for the round

The Super - Head-shot a “rolling” enemy (Need confirmation this ribbon is available in versus, don’t see why it wouldn’t be)

Methodical - Execute 5 enemies

Coup-De-Grace - Execute the last enemy

Not-So-Fast - Kill an enemy while they are executing a teammate.

trick shot - Kill two enemies with a single torque bow head-shot

Please help me fill in this list to the entirety of all ribbons in the game. I want there to be a comprehensive list available for myself and others.

If I missed any for horde/escape please let me know below, and as well I will need a lot of input for the versus ribbons as I rarely engage in that mode. (Are there separate ribbons for arcade? ranked?)

PvE has a “No Smoking” ribbon which appears to get awarded upon killing Leeches thrown out from a Flock with a thrown Flashbang. Do not know for sure how or why that works, but it does. May work for both Horde and Escape or at least used to at launch. Do not know for if it’s still a thing now.

Versus still has multi kill ribbons(Double, Triple, Quad, Quint) which seem to no longer be in the PvE modes(a shame cause they were a great XP source in Gears 4). One for being the first to capture a hill in KOTH. Not sure on any others seeing as I have only played Coop vs AI for map objectives or other Versus related stuff for the Tour/totems and never paid much attention to the ribbons showing up on the screen.

Trick Shot, to my knowledge, is an universal ribbon acquired by getting a double kill with a Torque Bow where at least the first kill is a headshot. In order to get that you’ll need to look for opportunities to double headshot or at least headshot one and kill another enemy lined up with the headshotted one. Easier to obtain on lower Horde/Escape difficulties due to lower enemy health. Though it may be rare to get in Versus, there also aren’t many opportunities to get it in PvE. I have gotten it a couple of times in 5.

1 Like

Got trick shot on master gauntlet a drone and a juvie on the stairs.

1 Like

Pioneer

1 Like

FIFO - be the first to die

Kill the leader in guardian

1 Like

The Trashcan - play Gears 5

The Gullible - buy Gears 5 skins

The Noob - think Gears 5 is ok (or better)

The Realist - do not play gears 5

The Truthspeaker - say it how it is re how abysmal Gears 5 is*

The Lover - reminisce about the Gears glory days

The Shill - be one of those two

The Dude - be anyone not of those two

*Sometimes this is bugged and reads “The Hater”…typically only happens after a “The Shill” has been obtained.

1 Like

I play gears 5.

I support the game by buying skins.

I see gears 5 as the best gears game.

I post about how the game is great and the hype train of negativity is overblown.

I reminisce about the past gears, and revel in its current glory.

I am not paid by any source to promote the game positively, but I do promote the game positively for my own appreciation of it.

I’m definitely a the dude, and not a noob.

Your list is bad, and you should feel bad.

I’ll get around to updating this thread guys, I want to test each ribbon myself to make sure I’m sure before I edit. Or maybe not. I’ll get to to it in a few hours regardless. Finishing up my Re up!

Two more.

The Deluded - see gears 5 as the best gears game

The Laughing Fool - be told off by a forum member (feels bad haha)

1 Like

Bagman is kill the leader in guardian

1 Like

Thanks everyone, Still incomplete, but we’re getting there!

I very much want this list to be complete, so if you are reading this and know of ribbons that are yet to be listed, or have clarifying info on any ribbons listed, please make a reply !

There is one in versus for stunning 3 opponents at once with a flashbang, i can’t remeber what it’s called though but i’ve done it? Every ribbon should be in the journal like every other Gears title…but what do the fans know?

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. They’ve made a brilliant game with very little menu support. Mostly focused on the items and shop, sad state of affairs.

I searched the Gears 4 ribbons to see if any jogged my memory as ones I had seen in G5.
I believe I have gotten
Happy Ending ( kill an enemy with the final weapon in Arms Race )
Standup Guy ( did not go DBNO nor die as the leader in Guardian )
Swift Vengeance ( kill the last enemy who killed you in a Versus match )
Nemesis ( kill the same enemy 5+ times in a Versus match )

Confirmation recommended.
I’ll keep my eyes open.

1 Like