Gears Forums

3 Remakes in Gears 5 already

I agree especially the part about making people rely on things like twitter just to get information.

Watch out you’ll trigger RED for wanting Gridlock back despite the fact that the map is a staple of the series at this point lol :laughing:

1 Like

I can’t believe they’ve just copied and pasted these maps to Gears 5. It’s madness.

Sure, the range can be a problem at times, but the comp shotgun had more issues.

I mean, in comp you can literally bot walk and hold your shots and do fine due to damage drop off. If you bot walk in core, you’re gonna die pretty quick.

They only did that for the tournament. I’m sure these maps will be back with some differences in the final product.

1 Like

Bring some adjustments to maps as new skyboxes or time of day with engine tools isn’t so difficult at all and can takes minutes to do, so i’ll cross my fingers that maps was ported just for the event and if we will see them in G5, it will be a refreshed versions.

Totally man.

I thought the Gears 5 invitational stream was pretty cool, but I personally feel just playing the mode ‘Escalation’ is kind of boring.

It’s cool to watch the pros, but I think mixing up game types would reveal a more well-balanced approach to these pro teams and variety for the viewer. (Some teams are amazing at killing, but not great at objective, etc.)

Other games (like Halo), have both objective and killing types. (Capture the flag, plant the bomb, capture hostages, king of the hill, etc.)

I think this would reveal a lot of different skills from teams as a whole.

For example, first match could be Escalation, then Team Deathmatch, then maybe add a new objective mode like capture the flag… (Added that idea to that survey!)

I really don’t think it’d be that hard to reskin maps… I really think the community would enjoy it!

For those who don’t know, I’ve created a survey to vote on what maps you’d like to see in Gears 5!:

1 Like

Agreed. They know that everyone’s gonna be watching for new content. Lol. Absolutely terrible. It’s not good for the population of the game at launch that’s for sure.

Really bad showcasing and marketing overall for this franchise. Big oof.

Gears 5 looks like Gears 4. In fact I think it looks even worse. Looks even more slow and sluggish with delays.

I stopped playing Gears 4 about nearly two years ago. Definitely not persuading me to come back.

Lets see what the test says though…

2 Likes

I didn’t get to watch too much today, but was disappointed with Foundation - it looks pretty much identical to the GOW4 version. I’d have hoped that remake maps at least look different aesthetically - like night time or rain/snow effects.

Reading the comments here, I presume the other two (Forge Blitz) and the other one were also straight up copies with no aesthetic changes…?

They did not receive cosmetic changes, it’s exactly the same.

Well that sucks.

I’m playing catch up woth everything that’s happened as I was busy today, but some of the comments in response to Ryan Clevan’s tweet apparently implies that these three maps might not be in the final product and were only included to give the eSports teams a sense of familiarity …? Sounds a bit strange if that’s the case. Why feature these maps at all when the tournement is about showcasing GOW5?

I dunno how easy it is to copy and transfer existing maps across from GOW4 to GOW5. I was under the impression that even recreating remake maps for new games takes a significant amount of work and it’s not a simple copy and paste job (just look at the GOW4 season pass debacle!)

Reading through some of these responses, I can’t help but feel like some might be jumping the gun a bit. To my understanding, they have not confirmed whether those maps with no changes will be in Gears 5, or if they were included specifically for this tournament. Just like they haven’t said how many maps the game will ship with, how many of those will be ports / remakes, or how many maps will come over time.

Personally, I’m reserving judgment until we hear more details.

Willing to bet at least a third of the final Gears 5 maps are gonna be copy and pasted from Gears 4.

I’d be totally cool with recycled Gears 4 assets if that also meant some more of our bought/earned skins (besides Gilded) were ported over too. But they won’t be soooo…

Man foundation is copy paste lol. Olso I haven’t seen any progretion with the graphics. The game looks the same like 4!

A winter theme would have sufficed.

Night cycle would have been easy.

Some soft snowfall that can add up on a player not moving would have been a nice touch.

Especially when the map is identical.

And for your sake Eric, I can only hope that they bring back Checkout, Blood Drive, and Raven Down as well

Checkout is probably the only map I would bring back from gears 4.

1 Like

Checkout is a horrible map :sob:

1 Like

two Of the most beautiful maps look wise are Azura And Depths one has the bioshock flavor and the other remind me of halo 2 Campain Relics. Having them changed would have me want them vs needing them