what makes it worse? i do not want to lose a fellow GEARS!
can you be more constructive, they may be able to fix it…
for example, for me
- there is no ranked TDM (i know its coming back, but its not the same)
- we need to increase the player base, can this be done via more content, advertising?
- time waiting for a game (this also was an issue with Gears 4), again this is player base.
- ranking i think was an issue, i hope everyone likes the new one and it increases the player base
- the kill came, is that correct?
- the scoring and leader boards are not straight forward, look at gears 4, way better
see my end comment - as a lot i think they have fixed
if you really look at the gears of old,
- gears 1, you had to shoot in front of the person , depending on lag, but it was best in bread for its time
- gears 3 was awesome, but its aged and it is slower than G4/5
- gears 4, got bad stick but by the end was epic
- gears 5, net code is really good, given the close quarters combat, I still think a lobby with 10 pings vs 200 pings is a nightmare
(gears 2 i thought was awful online, so i went back to gears 1, then to 3.)
If we take other games like COD are not as good, in my opinion, try playing warzone with 50-70 ping, its unplayable, (do not get me started about the cheaters)
Gears 1-3, was in an erea where it ruled as something new and awesome, now everyone likes battle royals, next it will be paint guns (oh wait thats splatoon)
TBH, i think the real damage happened when they launched the game,
the game was
- broken, it would crash
- multi player was slow (movement was rubbish)
- hit detection was broken
- people quit ranked, and that would screw up the game (i think the new ranking system may help a little now)
- tour of duty was confusing as hell, and required you to play other game modes, which no one liked
- ranking made no sense to anyone
- putting noobs with experienced players
- no content, why include all the new modes but have little content, should have ported all the gears 4 content sooner
- gears 4 also damaged the community, with its Ranked vs Esports setups, lake of content to begin with, odd pricing for the ultimate edition, broken net code to start with (some of these have been repeated in gears 5)
a lot of that was fixed, however by then people stopped playing, and will not spend time downloading this large game just to see if it is working.
i think they have lost a lot of the Youtubers/twitchers by now. (which is free advertising)
i would like them to promote streamers more and make it easier to be noticed (make us feel like superheros), at the moment you need to meet a high bar to get any help from TC (lower the bar, its not like warzone where people can make a lot of money by being a big streamer on that)