100 Plus Ping Club. Sincere Praise to TC Devs!

Thank you TC for creating the industry standard for lag compensation with Gears 5 PVP.

Most games anything over 100 ping, a game is completely unplayable for the player.

Your secret recipe of client side shenanigans and non existent server side response has made this game a true pleasure for everyone.

I would like to thank all TC devs from the bottom of my heart!

On the behalf of everyone overseas with completely unplayable internet connections…

Thank you for all your hard work, dedication and passion for setting AAA netcode standards!

<3

8 Likes

Love you too

2 Likes

he’ll be back on gears 5. just like they always will.

3 Likes

Yeah he will lol. He’s been a friend of mine for years now and is one of the best players I know. He regularly uninstalls and reinstalls the game.

2 Likes

They are like the Terminator. They will be back.

2 Likes

Sounds like an unhealthy relationship

3 Likes

Tell me you’re a ■■■■■■■ terrible player without telling me you’re a ■■■■■■■ terrible player.

1 Like

It is abusive

1 Like

You sound like a good time.

Only after I torrent to reach 100 ping.

Cool story.

four edits later and this is what you arrive at.

3 Likes

I had bad EU West Server 2-3 players with about 150-180 ping in the match for the first time on Saturday evening… I’m not a fan of teleport.
I also had the feeling that the player base was very low, I usually end up in the same match after looking for a match, TC is doing something about it or Gears 6 will be released in late autumn 2022

I hope you’re not serious… being in Australia I play with 150+ ping all the time and it is no fun especially vs people whose ping is less than 20, I played this game with 10 ping and you feel like a God not gonna lie, can one shot most of the time point blank instead of 83% 99% etc.

1 Like

Interesting.

Very low ping players are tough. Over 100 ping it’s probably not fun for you and sometimes not fun for others.

The game is sweet spots.

Less than 10 ping and between 50-80 ping.

I shot at a guy with a 120 ping today. As soon as I fired he was on the other side of me. I wonder what it looked like on his end.

My heart still sinks when I’m in a lobby of 120+ ping players, nearly every time this will mean them sponging more shots, movement being “off” etc there is no doubt they have an advantage…at least from my viewpoint, from their screen and perspective, I don’t know.

3 Likes

1 Like

He who dares…:+1:

Gow1 & 2, with no lag comp and no dedicated servers and when everyone had worse internet were both playable on way worse pings than 100. It’s just the nature of the game itself, and it always has been.

Morons just need something to blame when they die — dEy WeRnT DeR oWn Ma ScREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN they never are, no one ever is. Your screen is always wrong, it’s always been wrong — this has nothing to do with lag comp, or a 40-60 ms variance in SOMEONE ELSE’S PING.

Edit and getting a kill literally has no bearing on whether or not the game is “playable”

I’m literally on 2,000-3,000 ping in this clip, I get kills on it. Does that mean this is a playable experience?

Edit 2:

3,000 ping kills btw.

1 Like

Pay no attention to this noob.

Claims to detect almost imperceptible differences in PC play. Can’t tell anything’s going on with ping.

Zero cred bud.

Wall bounce on down the road.